Dlongpine Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 I am currently building a box for 4 12 inch speakers and I wanted to paint my Box instead of carpet. Do I have to spray a sealant base on the wood first so it doesn't soak the paint or can I just paint the wood as is. I am going to be using spray paint to paint my box What would be another good options for a speaker box besides carpet?
ThreehundredC Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 if you want a Gloss automotive finish id recommend using some fiberglass resin and get a nice light layer across all the wood then the paint can stick instead of just soak in or your gunna go thru alot of paint then sand and sand and sand body fill paint WET sand
CleanSierra Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 I covered my last box in Bondo, sanded, then primed and painted. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Noel989 Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 What kind of finish do you want? I would prime 1-2 coats sand it prime again If you want a smoother finish sand it again until all you see is primer and not wood you might need several caots of primer if your using mdf then spray paint it Or you can use some bondo Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
CleanSierra Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 I agree that resin seems like a good way to go for the initial coat. Bondo will be needed to get a level finish. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Noel989 Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 I covered my last box in Bondo, sanded, then primed and painted. On the last pic it looks like it was wrap Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
CleanSierra Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 I covered my last box in Bondo, sanded, then primed and painted. On the last pic it looks like it was wrap That's what someone else said. It's definitely just paint. He wanted flat black so I did that for him. It's a fellow member on here, Agreene. He will be happy with it I hope. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
shogen Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 that paint job looks awesome!!! must be the rounded out corners that give it that wrapped look.... Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
will77530 Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 that paint job looks awesome!!! must be the rounded out corners that give it that wrapped look....
CleanSierra Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 What kind of finish do you want? I would prime 1-2 coats sand it prime again If you want a smoother finish sand it again until all you see is primer and not wood you might need several caots of primer if your using mdf then spray paint it Or you can use some bondo Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.