Second Skin Audio

Box I built this past week

CJSmith

Here's a box I built last week. It's in a 94' 2 door blazer. A big thanks to "basshead7890" for the box design... Yes, the box is built out of particle board, which is shit. It's a temporary box and I already had leftover particle board and decided to use it. Please don't hate too much, I built this in about 6 hours. The whole inside is resined and the outside is bedlined. It's 6 cubes IIRC, and tuned to 32hz. Let me know what you guys think! :drinks:

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

looks good, just in the future you dont need to put screws so cllose together, it actually weakens the wood. Screwing every 3-4 inches is fine, they are just to hold the box together until the wood glue dries ;

Yeah, I noticed that. I had to take the top of to resin it and I noticed that it split the wood from them being so close together, especially with particle board. I wasn't too sure how to do it, being my 1st box that I've built by myself.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

First box by yourself, you did a good job. It's a lot better than some others I have seen over time.

Other have mentioned the little problems, so I won't comment on them.

Keep up the good work. Take the advice others have gave and you'll be good to go.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Archived