Jump to content

Need advice as to where I should crossover my mids/tweets


Raptorman

Recommended Posts

Posted

I will be getting my hands on a pair of PWX-6's and FT1's here pretty soon. Each speaker/tweet will be on it's own channel on my MBQ 4.80 @ 4 ohm. So around 80rms each.

I'm just looking for a general ballpark area that I should start with for crossovers on the mids/tweets.

If you need any other info just let me know, thank you!

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

With the 24db slope on the Mbquart x-over you could take the tweeters to 3000hz but anymore might damage them. On the pwx's you might want to set them at 100-120hz highpass. Pro drivers run out of steam below that but you are running relatively low power so experiment a little but don't take them below 80hz :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

The ft1 cross over is set to 5k Hz with a 12 DB/octave slope.. I suppose that's sufficient. The tweets will still play down to 2500 Hz with that crossover alone. You can probably get away with setting the amplifier crossover at 3k and let the 6s take care of the rest.

Posted

Okay sweet thanks. Do you guys know if there is a crossover that i could run in line for the pwx's to cut out the higher freqs from them?

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

Okay sweet thanks. Do you guys know if there is a crossover that i could run in line for the pwx's to cut out the higher freqs from them?

fmod from part express

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

oh but i will disagree you should be able to cross the mids at 60 hz :diablo:

jk dont do that

When I first installed my aq pro mids I accidentally low passed them at 80hz instead of high passed at 80hz, they were piiiissed lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1473 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...