electrical for bc3500 at .5ohm??

I have a Crescendo 3k at .7 with 2 xs 3400's and a 250amp alt. I drop to 12.6 at idle and never below 14 when off idle.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

how did all of you guys get your voltage readings?

not to be a dick. but if you dont have it hooked up to a dmm or a vm-1 it is not accurate and have way more voltage drop than you think. OP get 3 xs d3100 or similar batteries..

not to be a dick. but if you dont have it hooked up to a dmm or a vm-1 it is not accurate and have way more voltage drop than you think. OP get 3 xs d3100 or similar batteries..

DMM hooked right up to the amp

idle was on a dmm

(read the same on the volt meter i own)

driving was on my volt meter which is 2 tenths off my dmm

(non adjustable)

and sorry but the VM-1 isnt the ONLY MOST HOLY volt meter out their... it has one of the fastest response times but their are other accurate volt meters out their

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

idle was on a dmm

(non adjustable)

and sorry but the VM-1 isnt the ONLY MOST HOLY volt meter out their... it has one of the fastest response times but their are other accurate volt meters out their

being fast is what determines if its accurate or not. gives you real time voltage readings. and i agree but if you are running any of the digital volt meters its not accurate enough

idle was on a dmm

(non adjustable)

being fast is what determines if its accurate or not. gives you real time voltage readings. and i agree but if you are running any of the digital volt meters its not accurate enough

Assuming it's calibrated properly, a traditional volt meter is accurate enough for most people's needs. My stinger meter is accurate to within .2v even though it's calibrated. It tends to lose accuracy above and below whatever voltage I calibrated it at.

90% of people don't have a need for an $80 volt meter like a VM-1. For most of us, we just need the volt meter to see if there is a big issue like dropping to 11.5 or something. No need for a response down to the millisecond.

true.. but when i see people say i drop to 12.3 volts at idle all i can think off is if ts really accurate. the volt meter might not be quick enough to read 10.8 volts

was just curious if people actually knew what they really was dropping to

idle was on a dmm

(non adjustable)

being fat is what determines if its accurate or not. gives you real time voltage readings. and i agree but if you are running any of the digital volt meters its not accurate enough

their is a point where enough is enough in my opinion i know accuracy is based on response time

im more focused on the road than the voltage gauge... i take my eyes of the road maybe every 5 seconds if that to check my voltage while im driving and THAT is unsafe as it is...

yes the VM-1 has the cool multicolored lights that will let you know when your above safe charging levels or dropping too low

but im not worried about dropping into 10s-11 because i set the gains with my stock alternator in mind AND my break in period (debatable if needed but i like to loosen them up)

some people may give a fuck about 200 ms response times but honestly your reaction time to grab a fire extinguisher or turning it down isnt gonna save shit if you go from 14.4v to 8volt protect in 200ms

now that i got my opinion about voltage gauges out of the way lets try to stay focused on the OP's question

edit: just seen that you wanted to know if people where ONLY relying on cheap voltage gauges to find accurate voltage... so disregard the above lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

I have used my MAC dmm ( I had someone in the back when driving checking the voltage) and I also have a VM-1 that I need to mount.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Archived