Dougs Mic Set Up

i posted this here to hopefuly keep this away from trempro ANYWAYS

at ar i talked to 4 differnt people who has trem lab mics

everybody including all of team bassick have noticed dougs mics reading low and acting funny on bass race!!

doug says since everyone has to you use them thats its fair and does not see anything wrong with his set up

it may be fair but i dont think its right to have all these guys buy mics help the sport help wayne then there useless

you get your self dailed in to your mic then go into the lanes everything is ass backwards

from talking to everybody that has the mics and how there are reading it seems the competors mics are insync dougs is not

the only resone im am posting this is i heard alot of moans and growns about how the mics were in the lane

but no one said really anything

so thats it if you think doug needs to redo something fix something post it here

if you think all is well me and the other guys are trippin also post here

this is not a shot at doug ether maybe this will get him to re think his set up is all

x 2 the left mic was reading high and the right mic no matter how much you bumped your beat it wouldnt climb at the end. this might be a result of doug drilling the mics out for the 175 + folks at world finals but yea thats the same mics ect. i think everything needs to be replaced. if i was a judge as soon as someone complained about it i would have handled it a little better than doug did. come on doug step your game up. call wayne harris and tell him you need some new equipment.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I would of brought this up with Doug before posting it on any forum.I have seen where not all sensors read the same from different shows.

someone from my team already has actually i think a few of my teamates have. he just says there fine and goes about his day.

mics at the show are gonna read a little differently i know this but when one lags and the other jumps up?????? idk much about the termlab but i know in the past brians mic has read a little higher than dougs. doug can you check this or??????? tell us something

Edited by B slaps yo mama

SMD SUPER SELLER

someone from my team already has actually i think a few of my teamates have. he just says there fine and goes about his day.

mics at the show are gonna read a little differently i know this but when one lags and the other jumps up?????? idk much about the termlab but i know in the past brians mic has read a little higher than dougs. doug can you check this or??????? tell us something

POST SOMETHING ON HERE DOUG.

SMD SUPER SELLER

POST SOMETHING ON HERE DOUG.

could it have been from the possibility of dirty power from the 200+ feet of extention cord that was at the show? most of us when testing use the wall socket or 25 feet of cord at the most. maybe next show grab a couple of mics and laptops, and run them at the same time in the car and compare readings.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Alright before accusations go around. I want to know.

What did your mic read at the show that day in your car? Not at home, Not a few hours away in the garage, but at that show breifly before you went in the lanes?

Im sorry but if you drive to a show and dont test before you go in the lanes and only lost .5 I would be very very happy.

I can tell you this much. Testing at home in a garage last year, and just pulling the car outside would make a .2-.3DB diffrence.

Moving the mic on the dash position even 1/2 an inch can cause a .3-.4 DB increase or drop? How well is your jig designed to place your mic at home?

What version of the term-lab software are you are your buddies running? Did you get the update that has been released in the last 6 months? This could cause an issue?

When is the last time you ran instacal on your mic to verify it is properly calibrated?

Just thought I would give a little food for thought from another fellow judge.

www.batteriesareus.com

Home of Audioforce and The V Batteries

USACI Credentials

2009 0-1000 Trunk World Record 154.0db

2009 1001+ Trunk World Record 153.2db

2007 1801-3000 Pro Stock World Champion

2007 1801-3000 Pro Stock World Record

2006 1001-5000 Pro Stock 2nd Place

unless doug got a new computer from last year, it is running win xp.. and everything like scorebaords run off serial.. so serial is slower than usb or fire wire.. so it may be that the scores post on the score boards that are on serial..

might just need to be ran off a better pc...

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

term lab runs off usb.. but the scoreboar that tells you what you are doing is off serial.. so if you are gonna bust out, it is too late.. and some times doug has to verify to see that you didnt bust.. thats what i saw last year.. but anyway.. maybe everything should be ran off a mac, and fire wire and usb... macs are a lot better at this shit than a pc ... this is just My Opinion.

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

unless doug got a new computer from last year, it is running win xp.. and everything like scorebaords run off serial.. so serial is slower than usb or fire wire.. so it may be that the scores post on the score boards that are on serial..

might just need to be ran off a better pc...

If you were there, You might have some input on this.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'm not sure the Mic's were off, but they didn't respond in bass race or in DB Drag like they did last year.

They guys who BR all year say a difference in response.

Being .5 or what ever is more then acceptable in my opinion.

I say this because I ran on both Doug's Mic and Jaffe's Mic. and there was a clear difference to me on how the 2 reacted.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)