Tweeters and crossovers

Afficionado

lets say i had a couple of amps solely dedicated to running tweeters, what would i do about crossovers?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Personally id run a processor infront of said amps and only put the the signal to em that you want your tweets to see .. then put the amps on full pass since they would only be receiving the desired signal anywau

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

You have 2 choices: active or passive crossovers.

I'd run active, personally. The signal is crossed before it is amplified. Some amps can do it, some can't. If yours can't, then you'd need to either purchase a head unit with active crossover capability or purchase a separate crossover unit.

Or you can run passive, which would be cheaper. But would give less customization and is less efficient.

Id like to know about this as well because I need to do it ..active crossover that is, would you just buy an EQ such as the .360 and run it before the signal gets to the amp, and that's where you can control all equalizations of the tweets and so on? and would that be all you need ?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Id like to know about this as well because I need to do it ..active crossover that is, would you just buy an EQ such as the .360 and run it before the signal gets to the amp, and that's where you can control all equalizations of the tweets and so on? and would that be all you need ?

Yup. One thing to keep in mind that it seems like some people don't think about is you need a crossover that can low pass your mids so they aren't fighting with the tweeter ;)

@Stee-z, yes u need an EQ or a HU to do the crossovers point and slopes before it gets to the amp.. and except good ears and knowledge is all u need ;)

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Yup. One thing to keep in mind that it seems like some people don't think about is you need a crossover that can low pass your mids so they aren't fighting with the tweeter ;)

would you be able to put the mids on a diff channel of the EQ and tune accordingly?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

YEP... my favorite pass, is BAND

I will be running all Rockford Amps in my car. The tweeters will be on p400-4's. Is a Rockford 360.3 my best bet?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived