Audio Technix OVERSIZED Silver Tinned 0GA

Does anybody know if any car manufacturers use CCA or aluminium? I don't know of any, but you would think they would if it really is cost effective :shrug:

Price point will always be a concern, especially in our economy. I know it is for me. Now I can't tell you if an auto manufacturer has ever used CCA over copper. But I can tell you that it's not just us "little consumers" that are cost conscious. Not automotive wiring, but look at every electrical service provider in this country. Next time ur out and about look up at the main power transmission lines. You'll see that they use almost 100% aluminum conductors for their high power trans lines (220kV-765kV+). Copper sometimes, but VERY rarely and for extremely short distances comparatively. Considering we all know copper is the better conductor of the two, tell me their profit margin doesn't dictate what material they ALL use lol!

Auto manufacturers won't use cca for the simple fact that they have to run thousands of feet of the stuff through the car and wire size has a greater impact than any amount of current carrying capacity it might have, and having wiring harnesses with wires bundled together in strands of 20 or more wouldn't be cost or space effective when installing it in the vehicle.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Cost is a factor. Is OFC better? Of course.

But that Knu candy is pure sex. Thinking of redoing all my wire to use black and candy green CCA

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived