Second Skin Audio

pros and cons 4th or 6th order

COLTON94

There are several trucks on this site with small blowthroughs. Most folks wont cut up their truck for 8's or 10's, but if it's what you wanna do I say do a 4th.

Well iv planed from the start to do a blow through, but figured id try it with my current setup before i go to 12s

Doing 4th will create less cutting. If your not happy you patch the smaller hole. If you like it cut a little bit bigger hole and do the 12's. Doing a 6th takes more work and sometimes to get it to sound right its a lot of trial and error.

Well im having it designed for me by a guy who is really good. Does all of dre's boxes lol( we all know how he is). He thinks a 6 th would be awsome cause their musical and dont sacrefice loudness. And the system is dailyed. Long as its loud to me idgaf what the meter says. It will be numbered for giggles but im not guna get all buthurt if it doesnt number good. Just be but hurt if it doesnt show improvement from the .5 sealed their in now lol. I know the subs have more in them. And my loudest system to date was 2 cvrs on 350rms apiece in a single cab dodge behind the seat with about 1 cube each sealed

Sounds like you've made up your mind. Make it happen. Remember it's about what you want it be.

Im just set on blow through to give these subs a chance. Their not happy in their box at all. And i know they have they can be louder then my old set up of cvr 12"s ( single cab dodge d150 huge compared to my s10) i will upgrade to 12s i just wana see what these subs can do before i give up on them. I asked cj18 what box they would like more and he said 4th but truth be told all i know is 4th has a sealed chamber and a ported chamber and 6th has 2 ported and one sealed

6th orders are just ported firing into a different tuned ported section. 4th are a sealed section with the subs firing into a ported section. An of cj18 said those subs would like a 4th better, I would do a 4th. An honestly to me at least, I like the way a 4th order plays more.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

so who is dre? And if you are having it designed by groundpounder customs do you want me to point it out to you now that its going to be garbage or wait for you to spend money on it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived