Second Skin Audio

popping sound

gattiboy13

So i bought a dual 2ohm sub, not knowing i need a dual 4ohm to run at 2ohms. So i am waiting on new sub to arrive, shop is switching out. But in the meantime they wired my dual 2ohm sub to run of 1 coil, so its at 2ohm where my amp is. But now it pops and slaps on certain tones? My question is it the wiring or my box air space wrong? It is a 10" fosgate p2 in a ground shaker pro slot ported box.

you may be bottuming the woofer out.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

You should not be hearing popping or slapping of any kind from your subs.

They should never have run one coil off that sub, but instead wired it to run @ 4 ohm so the sub was using both coils to power it with.

Just take it easy on the sub for now till they get the replacement for it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You should not be hearing popping or slapping of any kind from your subs.

They should never have run one coil off that sub, but instead wired it to run @ 4 ohm so the sub was using both coils to power it with.

Just take it easy on the sub for now till they get the replacement for it.

^ This, yet another case of a "shop" doing something that even a beginner should know not to do. Its no wonder most people no longer trust shops.

Archived