tempered glass or windshield?

I'm don't want a tempered windshield that is not what I AM asking as I have stated in the original post. I have concerns about the hatch glass breaking and was wondering how theycompared in strength

do you want PSI number? as I stated they are not the same as to the reaction they have to impact. strength of glass is based on thickness just like most other materials. I use to be a windows and door rep so I know a good bit about this.
thanks for the response..so you are saying there is no comparison as far as breaking point between the two? As far as the same flex scenario. If they were the same thickness put in the same flex scenario together with would break first being the same thickness

I'm don't want a tempered windshield that is not what I AM asking as I have stated in the original post. I have concerns about the hatch glass breaking and was wondering how theycompared in strength

do you want PSI number? as I stated they are not the same as to the reaction they have to impact. strength of glass is based on thickness just like most other materials. I use to be a windows and door rep so I know a good bit about this.
thanks for the response..so you are saying there is no comparison as far as breaking point between the two? As far as the same flex scenario. If they were the same thickness put in the same flex scenario together with would break first being the same thickness

if the 2 said pieces of glass were to be the same thickness, strength would be roughly the same just the reaction to the "breaking point" would be different. the laminated glass would have a slightly higher strength but nothing that you could see with what you're encountering. only thing I could tell you in your situation is to get that window tinted with a good window tint. reason being is b/c most car are made with tempered rear and side windows and laminated front windshields. if you tint that glass, no matter what %, you wont have a million pieces to clean out the back of your car.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

if the 2 said pieces of glass were to be the same thickness, strength would be roughly the same just the reaction to the "breaking point" would be different. the laminated glass would have a slightly higher strength but nothing that you could see with what you're encountering. only thing I could tell you in your situation is to get that window tinted with a good window tint. reason being is b/c most car are made with tempered rear and side windows and laminated front windshields. if you tint that glass, no matter what %, you wont have a million pieces to clean out the back of your car.
thanks that's the anwser I was looking for...and a very valid point and good tip about the tint to keep it all together if it does break I didn't even think of that..thanks bro

Archived