Chevy Guys Got A Question..

Got a question for you chevy guys....With trucks around my Year...98 1500 5.0.. At what rpm does your truck IDLE... I never really noticed but i fell like im idling too low right at or around 500rpm.. I felt like my truck was going to stall today and instantly looked at the gauges and seen the 500 rpm..I Also have had a code for a while, which is probably causing the issue but just wanted your feed back... The code ( Check engine light) Came back as a Cam Shaft Sensor if i remember right which is part of the timing right ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Same ball park on mine

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I didn't even fully read your post about the cam sensor reading>me

Pulling the intake tube of and LOOKING at the butterfly won't hurt though. If it's gunked up, hit it up with brake cleaner or carb cleaner.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Thanks ill look at the the butterfly. Ric i was told that same thing back in December, when the code first cam on. I was told that its going to leave me stranded..lol....I guess its time to get it fixed...Been way to cold out though..And now rain..ugghh

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

The camshaft positioning sensor is tied to the ignition system and could have an effect in idle. Also look into the carbon issue specificly the idle air controll valve. It is on the throtle body, looks like a solenoid with a connector on it and can be pulled off by removing the 2-3 bolts that hold it on. Once you have it off there will be a cone shaped plunger that slides in and out of a port in the throttle body. If there is any carbon built up on there clean it and the port with a good throttle body cleaner. Make sure to wait a while (10-15 minutes) before reassembeling to let the cleaner to evaporate or blow it out with an air hose. Doing this with the camshaft position sensor should get you some improved idle. Good luck.

The camshaft snsor has two functions it tells the injectors when to fire and controlls ignition advance. It will not allways cause a no start. Sometimes its just an off advance curve. The one that causes a dead no start is crankshaft position sensor. If im wrong let me know cause in my 14 years of experiance this is what i have found

I just wish i had a funny sig.

The camshaft positioning sensor is tied to the ignition system and could have an effect in idle. Also look into the carbon issue specificly the idle air controll valve. It is on the throtle body, looks like a solenoid with a connector on it and can be pulled off by removing the 2-3 bolts that hold it on. Once you have it off there will be a cone shaped plunger that slides in and out of a port in the throttle body. If there is any carbon built up on there clean it and the port with a good throttle body cleaner. Make sure to wait a while (10-15 minutes) before reassembeling to let the cleaner to evaporate or blow it out with an air hose. Doing this with the camshaft position sensor should get you some improved idle. Good luck.

Good advice on letting the carb cleaner dry. I should never assume that someone would think of that step :(

Great advice also, very detailed

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived