question about factory deck and amp

Alright, my friend has a stock factory deck, and he wants to buy my spare amp to get into the bass game, i have a question about this process...

I will be stopping at a local bestbuy and picking up a level converter RCA box. These boxes come in different wattages, for instance 80 watts 2 channel, 60 watts 4 channel. I'll get this wattage on this device cleared up later on.

Now, the basic process to this, the level converter comes with 8 cords, remote, and ground. I would basically need to split all of his front and back positive and negative cords, connect them to the level converters positive, and negative cords, then wire the remote into the remore wire, and ground into the ground wire, then simply hook up the rca's into that box, run the RCA's to the back with the remote wire, hook everything up to the amp in the back.

I think this would be the simple process to this, i just wanna make sure, because this will be the first time i ever install an amp to a factory deck, any help would be appreciated. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the amps you get you don't need a converter at all. Some will take high level input. My I am running 2 amps in my Mag off the factory stereo. Tapped into wire for the rear speakers with a speaker wire to RCA adapter.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

ya but not always the cleanest signal or way to do it, but it does depend on the HU and were it clips at. It would be interesting to test with a DD-1. Glad it works for you though.

Oh for sure your results will vary. I already had a decent Boston Acoustics factory system and the JL slash series amp doing the conversion does a great job. Sounds clean but if your signal you start with sucks the it will just amplify the suck.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived