big 3 question

i am doing a big three upgrade on my car an 04 nissan sentra with the 1.8l l4. i am running 0 guage for the upgrade. my question is on my car the wire from the alternator runs into a fuse box the back out to the battery. should i put the 300 amp fuse before or after that fuse box?

It sounds like you have either a fused charge lead or a current-limiting system like what would be found in a Honda, perhaps. Bypassing this box may or may not cause issues, you should run the charge lead right from the alternator to the battery if this causes no problems leave it that way. Otherwise there may be something special you must do for your vehicle.

I'm gonna hate

Are you replacing or adding a new run?

Ideally you want the fuse as close to the battery as possible.

Are you upgrading alt?

If not you can just replace stock wires and run the stock fuse if possible, no need for 300A fuse if alt is only 100A +-

If there's some special problems that might occure on Hondas, I can't help you with that.

8ight seems to have some knowledge on the matter though.

Are you upgrading alt?

If not you can just replace stock wires and run the stock fuse if possible, no need for 300A fuse if alt is only 100A +-

If there's some special problems that might occure on Hondas, I can't help you with that.

8ight seems to have some knowledge on the matter though.

OP has a Nissan I just know you have to bypass the factory current-limiting in Hondas and they have a similar fuse box the charge lead goes through. Some smaller cars have it because their wimpy engines don't like turning a loaded alternator all of the time.

I'm gonna hate

Archived