Second Skin Audio

box help! 98 z28 with 2 12 in type r's

pk222

So what I have going on is like the title says 2 type r's in a pre fab box on an audioque 1200. It sounds good but like any basshead. I want more ha. I've built a few boxes in the past but none for Camaros. I'm thinking build a smaller box without a top and seal a larger box on top to come around 3-3.5 cubes and id like to do a single 4 inch aero port in the center. any input or design help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

We need dimensions to help. Measure it up, width, height and depth. Plus tell us what music you like. for two 12's you usually use 4 4" aeros, plus aeros have 7 1/4" flares so if you are tight on space they may be a no go.

Lots of guys here can design boxes, some better than others. Get three or four designs and go from there

4 4" aero's is too much port for a pair of 12's, stick with 2 4" or a single 6"

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I will get dimensions tonight I'm at work right now. I could probably do 2 4 inch aeros. I've built 5 boxes with aero Ports but I've never tried a slot port. Building my previous boxes I always used free calculators online and they sounded fine but I want to build this one really nice and keep it for a while. So I want to do my homework and build it correctly

Archived