There are just so many scenarios where this tool would be beneficial, something like this could do wonders for even your most basic of installs. Or say a customer comes in and you can show them how a simple amp upgrade could make their entire system like brand new. I thought that the DD-1 was an exciting tool and I freaking love mine. For some of the younger guys or guys who couldn't afford an O-scope it was a chore setting some of them up and before hand helds I had a gigantic monster on a cart we had to wheel around. So not gonna lie unless it was a big install we tuned by ear LOL. Now with the DD-1 or AD-1 it's made our jobs easier and protected customers investments. Your mind is amazing Tony. Oh wow did I just have one of my Dad's "back in my day" moments? LOL

I changed a 6 foot piece of 4 awg to 1/0 awg from distribution block to amp and gained around 100 Watts on the 2 ohm run!! That is the stuff dealers need right there.

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

There are just so many scenarios where this tool would be beneficial, something like this could do wonders for even your most basic of installs. Or say a customer comes in and you can show them how a simple amp upgrade could make their entire system like brand new. I thought that the DD-1 was an exciting tool and I freaking love mine. For some of the younger guys or guys who couldn't afford an O-scope it was a chore setting some of them up and before hand helds I had a gigantic monster on a cart we had to wheel around. So not gonna lie unless it was a big install we tuned by ear LOL. Now with the DD-1 or AD-1 it's made our jobs easier and protected customers investments. Your mind is amazing Tony. Oh wow did I just have one of my Dad's "back in my day" moments? LOL

I changed a 6 foot piece of 4 awg to 1/0 awg from distribution block to amp and gained around 100 Watts on the 2 ohm run!! That is the stuff dealers need right there.

Wow your kidding, 100 watt gain is ridiculous. And that is something you would have probably Never found without the AD-1. I hope some of these guys realize what a huge deal that little gain is, it just goes to show how many little gains can be found and I know not everyone is going to be able to put one in their garage but even if I can't go back to work I'm going to see if our team can throw a fund raiser and stack some cash for one.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I can't wait to see future videos of this!

you will soon. I have a whole army of amps in my collection -

but one thing everyone has to remember. This is a tool and the main purpose is to show you differences in changes you make to a particular car. You are gonna see a lot of 1500 watt amps doing 1200 watts (for example) and not because the amp sucks but because something else in the system sucks or is not adequate. That 1200 watts might turn into 1500 after a new alternator and a new battery, and some 1/0. A better ground might get you 75 watts. This tool is all about DYNOING the amp, just like you dyno a car. Run it. Make changes. Run it again. Make changes. Run it. So keep that in mind. This is not to hurt anyone's feelings or to bash on any brands who's amps don't make rated power. More then likely, you can blame the car....

coming soon! Thanks everyone!

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Correct me if I am wrong, but can the current dd.1 only work properly with 0dB, -5dB, -10dB, and -15dB tones?

I agree with you 100% about -5dB not being quite enough, but -10dB too much.

It would be nice to be able to do something in between

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.