Load Up Then Shut Off?

I have my computer plugged into a 50 inch high def tv... Since this is the monitor I use, I dont use my computer nearly as often as I did cause I am usually watching tv on it... well since I hadnt been on my pc in a while I decided to shut it off. It had been running fine. It was off for 3 days then I decided I wanted to listen to some music today, I turn on the computer and it loaded all my start up programs and everything, then right after aim (the last thing to load) loaded, it restarted my computer outta no where. It did this everytime I booted up the computer after that. It runs fine in safe mode, and I know it is a driver problem cause there are tons of drivers that are listed as errors in computer management under admin tools. System control manager is what the error is under, then when you click on it it shows the drivers that didnt load up, I have only mainly seen NETBIOS, DHCP, and other networking drivers so I am guessing maybe my wireless internet card driver isnt working right, but if it wasnt then aim shouldnt load then should it? anyways if someone could help me out with this that would be awesome. I just reformatted over christmas break so I dont want to do that again, also I have tried system restore to a couple of different points and that didnt work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I have my computer plugged into a 50 inch high def tv... Since this is the monitor I use, I dont use my computer nearly as often as I did cause I am usually watching tv on it... well since I hadnt been on my pc in a while I decided to shut it off. It had been running fine. It was off for 3 days then I decided I wanted to listen to some music today, I turn on the computer and it loaded all my start up programs and everything, then right after aim (the last thing to load) loaded, it restarted my computer outta no where. It did this everytime I booted up the computer after that. It runs fine in safe mode, and I know it is a driver problem cause there are tons of drivers that are listed as errors in computer management under admin tools. System control manager is what the error is under, then when you click on it it shows the drivers that didnt load up, I have only mainly seen NETBIOS, DHCP, and other networking drivers so I am guessing maybe my wireless internet card driver isnt working right, but if it wasnt then aim shouldnt load then should it? anyways if someone could help me out with this that would be awesome. I just reformatted over christmas break so I dont want to do that again, also I have tried system restore to a couple of different points and that didnt work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

system restore didnt work? i would roll back any new drivers.

also i think you can go to run/cmd/msconfig and mess with some shit there.

Edited by Slinky

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

system restore didnt work? i would roll back any new drivers.

also i think you can go to run/cmd/msconfig and mess with some shit there.

Thats the thing, there are no new drivers... it was running fine when I shut it off... I have been in msconfig before, so what should I mess with in there?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

well im no expert in this but i would just try doing a selective startup and see if it works fine.

do you have an antivirus installed? it could be a virus

also check your startup programs and make sure there is nothing funky in there

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

run your antivirus while in safe mode, dont connect to the net at all. if your antivirus is worth a crap it WILL find it. if it doesnt remove it you can manually do it after the antivirus tells you what it is, just post what it finds and when im on tomorrow morning i'll tell ya how to manually remove it. System restore should have worked from safe mode though. it must be from safe mode that you do it though so that the unwanted program does not interfere.

run your antivirus while in safe mode, dont connect to the net at all. if your antivirus is worth a crap it WILL find it. if it doesnt remove it you can manually do it after the antivirus tells you what it is, just post what it finds and when im on tomorrow morning i'll tell ya how to manually remove it. System restore should have worked from safe mode though. it must be from safe mode that you do it though so that the unwanted program does not interfere.

I have Norton, it comes with my internet provider... I will try this tomorrow, im taking it into my computer class to look at it.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

avg free will do better than norton. thats where your problem is right there

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Well, turns out Daemon tools was conflicting with a windows driver (SPTD.SYS) and that is what did it. I guess there is an update of Daemon tools that fixes this error so I recommend that anyone that uses that program get the updated version.

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif