Fusing above 300a

You spend that much money on an amp but won't spend 17 bucks on a fuse lol k

Ha, no I just find it strange that they don't make fuses that big in car audio.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Just run a 300. By the time you figure voltage drop and box rise, your amp wont pull 300a of current

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

To everyone that thinks doubling up fuses is the solution, I really don't think that works. To double up fuses means you have to divide the current between the two runs going to the amplifier. I'm pretty sure that electricity takes the shortest quickest route, and you cant just direct it to "split" into two fuses. If you have two different power sources maybe but coming off a buss bar as a single source I'm really really sure that wont work.

I need Tony C here.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Just run a 300. By the time you figure voltage drop and box rise, your amp wont pull 300a of current

This is true, but my plan is to run dual 300a alts with 4 or 5 batteries...Id like to think that the amplifier will draw close to the rating.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I know I'll probably do what he says and stick with 300a fuses, but then why does Sundown say 350a fuse rating? Doesn't that mean that it can pull close to that amount of current?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

In a perfect world, you can see that and some. Daily systems aren't perfect, no matter what you spend on them. The amp can draw that and maybe you you can build an electrical system to supply it. A lot goes on between A and B. If you are really concerned about it not holding up to the current, then get a distro block that holds 2 fuses. Run a pair of 200's and call it a day. The fuse is only there to save the car from catching fire.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived