first time buying my speakers seperate "pro audio"

Agreene

Hey guys. I'm gana be moving soon for a year or two. And probably gana buy a little beater.

hatchback civic 2 door.

Trying to wrap my head around it

My sub stage is going to be 2 sa 8s on about 1k.

Trying to figure out my mid bass.

Instead of buying a component set like I've done I'm thinking about buying my mids and high seperate. Would 2 super tweets and 2 6.5s in each door be over kill. ? And in order to this could I run all of it on a 4 channel or would I need separate amps ? What would you guys recommend.. BTW I'm not looking to spend a whole lot because I will only have thr car for a year.

With pa gear that would be overkill, I ran a pair of aq pro 6.5's and aq supertweets off a jl jx 360/4 and they kept up with a 149-150db substage. You could run 2 mids per door and 1 super tweet per door though. AQ is great for the price but you could always get some of the $10 pyle pro's and some $10-15 pyramid super tweets and you can run it all with 1 4 channel

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

honestly man id stay with components

whats your budget for the mids and highs?

and 4 channel?

pro audio sounds like ass unless done right with proper power and crossover points, the super tweeters tend to be harsh, and 6.5s dont really have "midbass"

i think with 2 sa8s, 2 decent component sets will be loud enough

check out MB quart i never personally ran them but many people on the forum have the mid level components and are happy with them.. and their 4 channel seems to be favored as well

i

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

personally, I'd have my "means of transportation" clamped down first ... You never know what expenses you have to pay to make it operational after you buy it ... Just saying

Also, when you "go bigger" or multiple drivers, that usually means money spent on installation and modifications when you could have put a stealthy component set in and be done with it ...

I'd make sure I had a canvas to paint on first brother ...

Then again ... this is just my suggestions here

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

and 4 channel?

pro audio sounds like ass unless done right with proper power and crossover points, the super tweeters tend to be harsh, and 6.5s dont really have "midbass"

check out MB quart i never personally ran them but many people on the forum have the mid level components and are happy with them.. and their 4 channel seems to be favored as well

i

Thanks for the feed back. So If I was to only get two sets wouldn't I only I need a 2 channel?

I have a skar 85.4 that I might take along with me .

2 super tweets in each door would prolly be too much, you can get pretty loud highs out of decent comp sets. 2 sets of comps on 2 or 300w could definately keep up with the 2 8's on 1k IMO

06 pontiac grand prix

alpine ida x100

rf t2 comps

rf t1500, t400-2

knu 0

big 3

xs d3400

oct 11 tentatively: 2 obsidian 18 v2's

2 super tweets in each door would prolly be too much, you can get pretty loud highs out of decent comp sets. 2 sets of comps on 2 or 300w could definately keep up with the 2 8's on 1k IMO

As one tweet and mid in each door on a 2 channel?

As one tweet and mid in each door on a 2 channel?
I meant 2 tweets and 2 mids in each door. But I'm not saying you couldn't run a single set (1 mid, 1 tweet/door). My single set of RF T2 comp's (on a RF T400-2) in the front doors keep up with my hcca 15 for the most part. Could use more midbass, but the tweets are loud enough

06 pontiac grand prix

alpine ida x100

rf t2 comps

rf t1500, t400-2

knu 0

big 3

xs d3400

oct 11 tentatively: 2 obsidian 18 v2's

and 4 channel?

i

Thanks for the feed back. So If I was to only get two sets wouldn't I only I need a 2 channel?

I have a skar 85.4 that I might take along with me .

2sets keep the 4 channel ( 1 tweeter and 1 midbass per channel)

1 set u can use a 2 channel

i personally never had good results wiring component sets up together (2 mid 2 tweeters on 1 channel)

if you only want to do 1 set of components id look into hertz they are pricey but get loud and can take power

if you want two sets (1 set in each door) get the mb quarts or find some decent but cheap components

ive only used soundstream and cadence components and the soundstreams got decently loud but where shadowed by my wall

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived