Carbon Fiber. Use this forum to show off your custom parts

Flawless work man. Glad you decided to hop on smd :drinks:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Thanks Emmet. Appreciate it

Insane skills and welcome bro!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Thanks Emmet. Appreciate it

Insane skills and welcome bro!!!

Thanks Shogen, And thanks to all you guys visiting my page and complementing my work. I would like for you guys to post your own pictures too.

Ur work is really clean how long have you been doing it for. Making those pieces without vacuum bagging can be difficult and time consuming to make them come out that clean.

Do you work with cf as a job?

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Nice I really want to try the carbon fiber but I really need to know exactly what I need

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

Ur work is really clean how long have you been doing it for. Making those pieces without vacuum bagging can be difficult and time consuming to make them come out that clean.

Do you work with cf as a job?

Nope, I don't work with CF at my job, I just wanted to learn how to do it so i researched it on the net and youtube and decided to do it myself. The main secret to making it look like factory is simple, 1st you have to make sure your piece to be CF is in perfect condition, sanded, filled, smoothed, so that the carbon lay flat, also you have to make sure that the carbon wont lift during the process. In order to do that, i lay down the first layer of resin with Black Pigment on it and let it set (get really tacky and sticky but doesnt come off on your finger), CAREFULLY lay the CF on top of it (TAKE YOUR TIME) and wrap it around the part, the back part i use double sided tape and regular tape to hold it down. (dont let resin travel to the back side, it will let loose the tapes and the CF will lift.), 2nd, too much resin on the first layer will go through the CF and create air pockets under the CF when curing so make the first layer of resin really thin, just to wet the fiber and no more, once the carbon cures hard (the next day), then you can subsiquently apply a heavy layer of resin and use a heat gun to pop the air bubbles of the resin just applied, wait untill that layer gets tacky and apply another layer of resin. Repeat the layer steps untill you have enough resin to sand down the high spots,be carefe not to sand down completely to the carbon. Re-build up resin and re-sand down evenly over and over untill you have a smooth even layer (no mountains) on the piece. On the last sand down go down to 400 grit and Clear coat the piece. Once the clear coat is cured (24 hrs), wet sand and buff to a shine. IT IS TIME CONSUMING BUT IT IS IN MY OPINION HOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT TO MAKE IT LOOK JUST LIKE FACTORY. Any other questions, just feel free to ask.

Nice I really want to try the carbon fiber but I really need to know exactly what I need

Carbon Fiber, 2 x 2 twill 3.5oz or 5oz, Epoxy resin and hardener with a 3-5 hour pot life, Sand paper (all grits from 120 to 2000), see through buckets, brushes or sponge brushes, a heat gun, stir sticks, black pigment (the first layer of resin before you put the carbon on the piece should be black so you wont see the material through the carbon if you have a run on the material), and a lot of Time and Patience.

Archived