Sonic Electronix

First off, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to products having issues. We can all get a bad apple once in awhile.

This company has nothing but issues Please stay away.

Melissa had bought the AutoLoc Tonneau cover Heavy duty lift system from an on line dealer 2 weeks ago. I was short on time so I couldn't get it in before Autorama so Tuesday, Melissa was home early from work so I decided to install them then.

My first complaint was what they called a "kit" Their kit was nothing more then 2 Linear actuators and a package of nuts and bolts. I was disappointed with what they called a "kit" considering I had to buy another 30 bucks in parts to complete the "kit" I had sent them an email expressing my concern of such a expensive product not being a true "kit" They replied with some bashing of what kind of an installer I was and what not then offered to send me out some trinkets to complete the job. I had told them not to bother that I would fab up what I need.

I then get to installing the "kit". The hardware pack did not work with our tonneau cover, I guess Gaylord is an off brand. :rolleyes: So it's off to the hardware store once again to fab something up. Got back got everything installed in the "kit" Kit being their 2 actuators with my wire, switch, relays, connectors, and hardware. Everything worked great. I had made the adjustments to the speed of the actuators so the opened and closed at the same time. Everything seamed cool now that it worked. And even though I had to build my "kit" I was alright with it, I was gonna let it go.

I get a call from the wife this morning saying the actuators were making a noise, so I meet up with her at work to see whats a matter and find one of the actuators grounding out. It wasn't a constant ground but would trigger with bumps. So I fix the issue and rasie the cover and it makes a nasty growl, and one of the actuators won't go back down. I finally put some pressure on the nosiy actuator and get it back down.

So now it sounds like my 4 day old, used 5 time actuator has spun a gear. I have never been so disappointed in a product in my life. I suggest that anyone looking for a tonneau cover lift "kit" to look somewhere else.

With that said, I'm am looking for 2, quality 12v Dc actuators. with a throw of 12-24" with a high load push / pull rating. If anyone knows of one, please post up here or Pm me

Thanks, Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

sounds like AutoLoc sent you the wrong thing. It should have only been one actuator with threaded ends to mount your ball joints to. Yes gaylord is a off brand. and why are you buying autoloc products on line when I am a autoloc dealer

sounds like AutoLoc sent you the wrong thing. It should have only been one actuator with threaded ends to mount your ball joints to. Yes gaylord is a off brand. and why are you buying autoloc products on line when I am a autoloc dealer

We bought the TONNOSD.

The heavy duty kit with 2 actuators not one. They did have the ball joint ends but were the wrong size, the hardware kit for the threaded end was a metric not standard threads.

The wife picked it up online, I didn't think to hit anyone up on here for them. I could of lived with the wrong hardware, but it's less then a week old and a gear is already spun. That seams a little excessive to me. Of course it did say made in china right on it, so I guess I should of known better. <_<

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I never want to look at their items cuz its just way over priced for me.. so I take the short cuts which isnt a good idea but it sound like you could have bought 4 cheap ones for the price of two auto-locs sorry to here that they gave you shitty customer service a name like that with ads in every custom magazine you would think they would jump up and tend to you hand and foot.... :(

send me A pic if you can. I want to see what they sent you.

I'll get you some pics in a bit.

The Sales manager emailed me back at 445 on Friday and said a tech was gonna call me today...... That was Friday :rolleyes:

It's now Monday, and I will sit on the edge of my chair tuesday waiting for his call of wisdom. <_<

send me A pic if you can. I want to see what they sent you.

Here's the working one.

003-7.jpg

Here's the label on the other.

005-9.jpg

008-8.jpg