Sundown Audio

Im sure the size doesn't affect the power handling. But I saw a testing video of 1 12 off a single sundown saz-3500. Being sundown it puts out a little more than 3500 so I'd say 1750 is very conservative. Now with that beimg said, dont put a 3500 on one cause these guys actually know what theyre doing lol no offense

You can't go by that. I have seen an NS-1 run an SA 8 lol.... That doesn't mean the NS-1 was putting out 6500W though. Pretty sure an NS-1 at full power on an SA 8 would absolutely destroy the sub in a pretty short period of time.

Since you are new to car audio and not a hardcore competitor (I am not that far behind you) I would match the RMS of the amp to the RMS of the sub, and make sure my gains were properly set.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

and i’m buying the NS-1 for a two 18” i think thats fair for both subs, what do you think?

I know you won't like this answer... But the old saying goes: If you have to ask.....

If you are running the amp at 1 ohm(not .5) and you are careful with giving the subs clean power - you might have a chance. But honestly: it's one of the YMMV type things. There's a reach chance that you will blow your subs. So be careful and don't be surprised if you blow them. They shouldn't blow if you are doing it right, but be prepared for the possibility

Sundown is true to there ratings however, you have to know what you are doing. I had a nightshade v1 15 in 5.8 gross 3.5 net tuned to 31hz, with just a saz 2500,248ah battery & 220amp alt, I was able to bottom out the sub at ANY frequency below 36hz while full tilt *edit (even at 31hz,I can hard bottom because of to big of an enclosure for that amount of power)

. It sounds very crazy and because of the box size and tuning,power handling and output went out the window. Although at 29hz I can do a small hair trick before it hard bottoms.

The rms ratings seem to be conservative while the driver is installed in the proper enclosure. Being an installer for 9 years,I can say it is extremely conservative when compared to (rockford t2/jl audio w7) WHICH means nothing if your gonna play subs near free air.

Edited by slowfkncar

just make sure it's clean un-clipped power and your good.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

• 1 month later...

im so fuckin pumped. im not pushing them too hard. but im gonna have 2 18s walled on my skar 4500.1

dc 320 alt

2 xp 3000 in the back (soon to be more)

d3400 under the hood

big 3 - shok reference 1/0

2 runs 1(+)/1(-) gonna be doubled

2009 Toyota Matrix s awd 2.4L

152.4 @ 26 legal on the dash

148.3 on music at 23hz

electrical:

dc power 320 hp alt

d3400 under the hood

big 3

(3) xp 3000's in the back

all sky high 1/0 ofc

front stage:

skar rpx 6.5

skar rpx 4"

skar 1" bullet super tweeters

skar lp80.4

sub stage:

(2) zv4 18s d2

skar 4500.1 @.5

All the sizes have the same power handling. As for power handling, we don't know yet. I would venture to say maybe 3k, but we will see once more people get their hands on them.

Damn, Well that's sad to hear. LOL I bought some x series and I'm going to put a 3500 to each... I need at least a 150 out of these! At 29hz... Haha

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion