Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

walling 4 door blazer 2 dd 3518s. HELP!!!! LOL.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Im walling off my blaze4. Have 2 dd 3518s. Need advice on how many layers I should use of mdf. I want to do a sideways clamshell. And I need to keep it from blowing. Can I use 2×4s as corner bracing? And will fiberglass on the corners help any? Any advice helps.

Posted

why clam with 2 woofers. do a flat wall. be loud be happy. you start doing screwy things you get screwy results

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I agree. I'd do a flat wall. Port drivers side. 2 layers on as many sides as you can. All-thread where it is needed. Use good wood glue. Fiberglassing shouldn't be necessary. Never hurts, for strength though.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Posted

See I had one in there. Pretty much a wall. Like twisted420 did with his dd 3518s. And blew out the back. With wood glue. I moved on to liquid nail and it did better on my last box. But after 6 months it blew out the top side.

Posted

then you arent building it strong enough. thats the issue.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I was trying to post picks. But couldnt figure it out. Lol. And yeah. On the one in there now I braced the corners on the bottom half. But the top half finally blew out. What should I use glue wise and corner braces? Like 2×4s

Posted

titebond wood glue....loctite pl premium is good too

If you're having sides or top blow out you're not building it right

how many layers have these boxes been? Don't need corner braces really. 2x4's can be used on the outsides of the shell for extra bracing

Team Flex Issues

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 575 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...