how to address this "unique" rattle

ok guys so i have spend about 6 hours on just my left door to get rid of all rattles in it ... had one really tough one i could not spot untill i noticed it coming from the rubber weather stripping outside the door cracked at the edge and rattling on the glass ... i have every single rattle out of the left door accept for one unique on i dont know how to address ....

the metal speaker grill is actually resonating causing a slight rattle .... i can ever so slightly put my hand over the grill and its gone ... you can feel the grill vibermating .... now ... i have to keep the stock grill due to my class .... but how do i stop it rattling ....

you can also tap the grill with finger nail and it has that non deadend panel tinny like sound to it.

I've thought about this problem a few times and i always come to a solution that people use for a tennis racket. a vibration dampener. find a rubber logo or something that you wouldn't mind having on the grill. sandwich two of them over the grill and glue them together. silicone might work, you dont want something super stiff.

the rubber doesnt need to be very large. I would imagine the size of a quarter would work.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thanks i was also thinking about sprang rubber under coating on back of grill and poking out any of the holes i might fill in during the and also putting lots of silicone to hold grill in place better

Use some hot glue to bind it together and allow it some flexibility.

Hot glue is awesome bc it's cheap and easy to spread anywhere

I use about 5 inches of a hour glue stick around the while grill to hold it to the door panel

Use some hot glue to bind it together and allow it some flexibility.

Hot glue is awesome bc it's cheap and easy to spread anywhere

I use about 5 inches of a hour glue stick around the while grill to hold it to the door panel

I prefer silicon or some other flexible gasket-maker for these sorts of jobs, hot glue is still very stiff when dried by comparison. You may also try stiffening the entire grill with some form of reinforcement if it is allowed.

I'm gonna hate

I'm telling you, the one piece of rubber on the grill will stop it. soft rubber.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm telling you, the one piece of rubber on the grill will stop it. soft rubber.

IM going to be trying that out this afternoon after work... Trying to figure our what I am going to use to look good but be affective

Archived