Sonic Electronix

do more research...there are a few nice brands out there for true SQ but most are in a high price range...research will help you to find affordable options or maybe to get a deal on the high end brands

SQ build can be good on just a single sub

for mids/highs Focal, Hertz and Rainbow are good starts...there are other options

as for Second Skin...it is a great product worth the price...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Hey thank you everyone so far fot all the input and valued information....as you can see this is my first build and im still learning and reading tons. I never knew Alpine was not good, however, i think ill go back to the drawing board and choose different amps. I read here and there ill be better of with a single JBL 12'' (WGTi 12) rather than the two JL 10" (10W3v3-4) as far as components i heard very good reviews on the POLK audio but im gonna look into some focals for the front. what are some good amps yall suggest? im trying to keep the build around 3k tops including the second skin and box build (ill give this a shot myself with fiberglass) once again THANK YOU!!

Okay you might wanna look into the lower end hertz equipment, focal and rockford amps. Punch amplifiers will be enough for what your looking for i think.

Im kinda confused on what you want, do you want PURE SQ, (because no offense but i dont think you know what that really is) or do you want SQL? Something that sounds good but gets loud? Because thats possible.... As stated, SQ isnt cheap at all! And im learning that as i start the planning for my build and im in the low to mid level SQ with RF T3's and power series amps.... So tell us what YOU want

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

This is what i personally would do...

image_zps6523e83b.jpg

Plus a new XS Poweror Deka battery (you'll need one) and a Fi Q 10 for the sub.

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

well based on yalls input and some research i think what i really want is SQL which based on your explanation is a good SQ that gets loud. I really want to stay within budget of 3k on a good quality sound system that i can crank up sometimes and hit some bass. im sorry if my questions are total n00b but hey we all started sometime and as yo ucan tell im still learning.

I think ill do one single 12" JBL W12GTi MkII as it might give me a better SQ than the 2 JL and as far as amps im going to look into some rockford (any advice on what to get (maybe one mono for the sub) and a 4channel for the components?) also i think im going to suck it up and follow yalls advice and get some Hertz Audio HSK 165XL (front) and keep my Kappas on the rear (i know rears are not really what people do but i have my son in the car on weekends and im sure he wants some tunes back there) and power those from the deck

Okay you might wanna look into the lower end hertz equipment, focal and rockford amps. Punch amplifiers will be enough for what your looking for i think.

Im kinda confused on what you want, do you want PURE SQ, (because no offense but i dont think you know what that really is) or do you want SQL? Something that sounds good but gets loud? Because thats possible.... As stated, SQ isnt cheap at all! And im learning that as i start the planning for my build and im in the low to mid level SQ with RF T3's and power series amps.... So tell us what YOU want

I would go ahead and amp the kappas too. They sound great amped! And no pdob bro we all started somewhere! I barley know anything. Lol

ok...you would want to run a mono or 2 channel on the sub...and a 4 channel on the mids...dash/doors/rear deck....don't bother powering anything off the deck

SQL is a bit easier to work toward if this is your first build....

the JBL sub will be fine...get a Rockford amp that will give it recommended RMS you can run it on more power closer to Peak rated power but I would stick with something around the JBL's rated RMS or just above it...

Hertz are nice, as for the Kappas your really only using them for "rear fill" so they should be ok...I am guessing they are 6x9s?...I have ran them years ago, not bad

a majority of your money will be in your amps honestly, but you should be able to get something put together quite nice for under 3k

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

yeah the kappas are for rear fill but are only 6.5 all around (doors). Thanks for your help btw i was looking at the Rockford t1000 and t400 as FosgateLife suggested, do you think this would be good for the Hertz, and JBL? besides the recommendation above i think im doing the 1/0 ga Rockford amp wire kit is only 100 bucks more and it will leave room for upgrade in future

ok...you would want to run a mono or 2 channel on the sub...and a 4 channel on the mids...dash/doors/rear deck....don't bother powering anything off the deck

SQL is a bit easier to work toward if this is your first build....

the JBL sub will be fine...get a Rockford amp that will give it recommended RMS you can run it on more power closer to Peak rated power but I would stick with something around the JBL's rated RMS or just above it...

Hertz are nice, as for the Kappas your really only using them for "rear fill" so they should be ok...I am guessing they are 6x9s?...I have ran them years ago, not bad

a majority of your money will be in your amps honestly, but you should be able to get something put together quite nice for under 3k

Thanks bro so much!! what XS battery do you think ill need ( i have no idea about batteries at all) also do you think the Fi Q 10" would be better than a JBL W12GTi MkII 12"?

This is what i personally would do...

Plus a new XS Power or Deka battery (you'll need one) and a Fi Q 10 for the sub.

Archived