Does anyone have any experience with HID conversion kits? I'm shopping around for a reputable kit that doesnt screw up a lot and has a company with great customer service. I'm also trying to decide on the color of bulb. I dont really want plain white but i also dont want blue lights that dont show me anything. The company i was origionally looking at was DDM but havent had muc time lately to find reviews on their kits. A local shop told me to buy Philips.. so idk. Please help me out here, my stock headlights suck major ass.

Make it loud, clean, and fun or just don't try!

No DDM

It's the hifonics of the HID world.

Go to theretrofitsource.com and look at their mini Morimoto kits. Yes, you need to convert to projectors. You can't put hid bulb in stock housings: you will blind everyone because the bulbs need different focal points

For color: 4300k is an "off-white"/soft white 4500k is pure white. And 5000k is a crystal white - not enough to be called blue, but it has a slightly bluish hue to it

No DDM

It's the hifonics of the HID world.

Go to theretrofitsource.com and look at their mini Morimoto kits. Yes, you need to convert to projectors. You can't put hid bulb in stock housings: you will blind everyone because the bulbs need different focal points

FUCK DDM! lol

I bought a few kits from them and they all broke. their CS is horrible. they wouldnt replace anything for me.

Xentec hid kits have been runnin these for years with no issues at all and only 33 bucks on eBay.

I would never trust an ebay kit.

#justsayin

my ebay kit still works well. three ddm kits i know of (one in my dads, one in my buddys, and one that WAS in my old car, but is now in a truck) and they all work fine.

Xentec hid kits have been runnin these for years with no issues at all and only 33 bucks on eBay.

I would never trust an ebay kit.

#justsayin

2 things.

1: you get what you pay for. Using cheap HIDs sucks. You might not know any better because you haven't used better, but trust me. When you first started out in audio, you thought your kicker comp was the cat's meow until your got a chance to play with some real equipment.

And 2: If you put bulb in the stock housing without doing a projector conversion, I will kick you in the dingding. Convert to projectors or don't do it at all. It's because I said above: the focal points on the two bulbs are different. You will only succeed in blinding everyone. I tried that... Got flashed a bunch of times and my lights lost their peripheral "flood". It was just 2 points off in the distance. I ripped those out and put projectors in there. Much better

Archived