Sonic Electronix

The biggest downfall would be your driving range would take a big hit. And the longer you listened and louder the more you would have to stop and recharge. It would be cool to be on a high voltage system and run single inputs for huge amounts of power. As far as safe handling, you need high voltage gloves and some other gear, but its not out of the realm of a quickly trained person. I wouldn't say the averag eperson could do it, people are stupid as hell when it comes to the common sense and the average man.

Voltage is not what kills you, amperage will kill you. Tasers hit you with 50,000 plus, very low amperage....just hurts like shit. Now if you have a huge 240v battery bank and you short it out through your body, thats going ot be pretty high amperage and voltage, your life will suck.

I think the best future would be turbo diesel engines on a renewable energy source like veggie oil or the bio diesel they make from algae(I can't remember specifics but I saw a video on it years ago), low to zero harmful emission, range not limited by your last charge, high MPG, and we all won't be driving big ass lithium batteries around that are worse for the enviroment then are gas,diesel engine are.

Electric motors are cool because you get power immediately from almost zero RPM,, makes for awesome acceleration, but as far as long range driving and real world application I don't like them. My uncles diesel with reserve tank in his bed can go 1k plus miles before he has to refill it. Closer to 1500+ if he drives easy, even towing. Get me the towing capacity and range that the duramax has out of electric and maybe I'll get on this new technology.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

If ac power meant cheaper amps then why are even the shitty home audio amps so expensive? 100w plate amps for subwoofers(bottom of the line) are over 100$ and don't put out 1/10th of the power a crappy APsm1500 does for 109$. Just sayin.

Companies make money where it is to be made. If the electric shit cars became a new craze, companies would offer accessories/amps/headunits that operated on that specific vehicles voltage, and you would pay out the ass for it.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

High amperage is what kills you, but I'd have to say shocking yourself isn't really good at all.

One thing to consider is, if you have an electric car and the motors are a/c voltage then you will benefit in the long term. Battery technology will improve and so will motor technology.

The real benefit that some of you are missing here is it would be easy to build an amp that runs on 240v or 360v AND, this part is the coolest, you no longer have to convert an d.c. voltage to a.c. voltage for the output stage of the amp.

You eliminate that step and the amp is basically a home audio amplifier, you may one day see amps and subs for cars that are all 8ohm.

Plus the higher voltage means less amperage drawn, more efficient amps and maybe even more power. Things like a 5k amp maybe be in the price range of 1k amps now.

I never even considered that... Hmmm... That is a very interesting concept. So AC power = more effeciency + more wattage?

Im assuming we are all now in agreement that high voltage across the human body means high amperage through the body so high voltage by default is dangerous? Good.

AC power isn't what would give more efficiency. The fact that it is already high voltage is what would give better efficiency. Car amps now convert 12v DC to AC which is stepped up to a higher ac voltage and then back to DC. If the voltage is already a high DC voltage it wouldn't need the AC step and could just stay DC.

Voltage is not what kills you, amperage will kill you. Tasers hit you with 50,000 plus, very low amperage....just hurts like shit. Now if you have a huge 240v battery bank and you short it out through your body, thats going ot be pretty high amperage and voltage, your life will suck.

You guys are still trying to compare DC to AC. With AC things such as Tazers you can get away with more because you don't have a constant voltage, and there is a skin effect. For your example, a Tazer isn't hitting you with a constant 50kv. It is hitting you with 50kv for very short fractions of a second many times a second, so the average voltage is lower, thus the power traveling through you is lower which minimizes burns, and the higher frequency keeps it from traveling through your vitals due to the skin effect.

DC isn't like this. You get hit with a voltage and you get hit with the current associated depending on the resistance of where you are getting hit. You can't get hit with high DC voltage and not have a ton of current go through you.

You guys are still trying to compare DC to AC. With AC things such as Tazers you can get away with more because you don't have a constant voltage, and there is a skin effect. For your example, a Tazer isn't hitting you with a constant 50kv. It is hitting you with 50kv for very short fractions of a second many times a second, so the average voltage is lower, thus the power traveling through you is lower which minimizes burns, and the higher frequency keeps it from traveling through your vitals due to the skin effect.

DC isn't like this. You get hit with a voltage and you get hit with the current associated depending on the resistance of where you are getting hit. You can't get hit with high DC voltage and not have a ton of current go through you.

Actually most tasers are DC. They use 9v batteries, convert to ac after which they step up the voltage and convert back to dc. Usually around 50kv-100kv and around 2-4mA (See that? High voltage - low current, chances are it won't kill you)

If AC is so safe why was edison proven wrong, and that teslas way of using AC was the best way to kill someone and edisons DC system was a failure.

High voltage does not always mean high current don't be silly. The reason they say dc is a little more dangerous is because it can paralyse your muscles. AC usually causes them to expand and contract, throwing you off the contact.. Except for high current which will melt your skin. Now tell me which would you rather? A paralysed suspect from a DC taser or one having a seizure from spazzing muscles from the AC? I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Either way this is high voltage stuff that people can't be messing with its like working on a live panel and what not you'd have to be very careful and if you touch a tool phase to phase you could have a arc flash which will burn you and possibly blind you.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Actually most tasers are DC. They use 9v batteries, convert to ac after which they step up the voltage and convert back to dc. Usually around 50kv-100kv and around 2-4mA (See that? High voltage - low current, chances are it won't kill you)

If AC is so safe why was edison proven wrong, and that teslas way of using AC was the best way to kill someone and edisons DC system was a failure.

High voltage does not always mean high current don't be silly. The reason they say dc is a little more dangerous is because it can paralyse your muscles. AC usually causes them to expand and contract, throwing you off the contact.. Except for high current which will melt your skin. Now tell me which would you rather? A paralysed suspect from a DC taser or one having a seizure from spazzing muscles from the AC? I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here.

What im trying to prove is that high voltage is dangerous. Hundreds of volts in a source such as batteries in cars do massive amounts of damage. You will NOT prove me wrong on this, no matter what you try to bring in saying high voltage isn't dangerous.

In regards to tasers, the actual tasing part is AC. It does not come out as DC, whether it is in DC again after the voltage step-up or not. We all know that the output of a taser pulses. If it has a frequency of turning on and off, it is AC, even if it is DC before it is turned on and off. What makes it "safe" at such high voltages is that the pulse width is so short that the average voltage is very low. If you want some more reading on this, here is a good link:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/consumer-electronics/gadgets/how-a-taser-works/2

Regardless, a taser is completely different than hundreds of volts DC from a source with low internal resistance and your argument doesn't make sense because a taser is definitely not 50,000v DC

Now, in regards to wall AC being safe, I never said this. I never said being AC made it safe by default, but cases of being AC, such as a taser, is safer. Some other high frequencies can be more safe, but there isn't a one source fits all. For your viewing pleasure, here is a graph of electric hazards and the human body, which compares what current keeps you from being able to let go and the threshold of sensation to frequency.

Figure_21_06_05a.jpg

This shows a little of what I was meaning by things change by frequency, so some super high frequency things are a bit safer than 60Hz, which as you can see, is about the worst frequency you can have.

High amperage is what kills you, but I'd have to say shocking yourself isn't really good at all.

One thing to consider is, if you have an electric car and the motors are a/c voltage then you will benefit in the long term. Battery technology will improve and so will motor technology.

The real benefit that some of you are missing here is it would be easy to build an amp that runs on 240v or 360v AND, this part is the coolest, you no longer have to convert an d.c. voltage to a.c. voltage for the output stage of the amp.

You eliminate that step and the amp is basically a home audio amplifier, you may one day see amps and subs for cars that are all 8ohm.

Plus the higher voltage means less amperage drawn, more efficient amps and maybe even more power. Things like a 5k amp maybe be in the price range of 1k amps now.

I never even considered that... Hmmm... That is a very interesting concept. So AC power = more effeciency + more wattage?

Im assuming we are all now in agreement that high voltage across the human body means high amperage through the body so high voltage by default is dangerous? Good.

AC power isn't what would give more efficiency. The fact that it is already high voltage is what would give better efficiency. Car amps now convert 12v DC to AC which is stepped up to a higher ac voltage and then back to DC. If the voltage is already a high DC voltage it wouldn't need the AC step and could just stay DC.

I am saying that converting dc to ac and back to dc is a waste of energy, you can skip that with an ac powered amp. Also, could you idiots get back on topic please? What the hell is all this shit about tasers?

i got hit with a central air 240v capacitor...the cap helps with the big ass fan turning on ... that hurt like hell and made my heart feel real funny. knocked me back about 5 feet. no joke. i grabbed the contracts thinking the cap was discharged ( the power was cut for a week on the unit itself at the box) boy was i wrong.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Archived