Sonic Electronix

So... I'm sitting here and a Nissan Leaf commercial comes on and I think to myself, "How would/could on go about putting a system in an electric car?" It surely doesn't really matter right now, seeing as gas/diesel are still fuels of choice for cars, but they are steadily moving toward more electric and hybrid cars. Has anyone else wondered about how that could change the game up?

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Wondered this for the past few months now. Don't have a damn clue but I'm sure as shit tuned in for anyone who's got input.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

T-line would be a good place to start

Then ported with a heap of cone on low power

You won't get in the 50's but high 30's flat 40's is more then achievable

My weekend cruzer only has a 20amp generator

So I'm in the planing process of a T-line on 50-100rms

I just brought my amp a kicker powersports series

Does [email protected] and 50@2ohm

Now I'm working out the max cone area I can fit and will chose subs basses on that

T-line would be a good place to start

Then ported with a heap of cone on low power

You won't get in the 50's but high 30's flat 40's is more then achievable

My weekend cruzer only has a 20amp generator

So I'm in the planing process of a T-line on 50-100rms

I just brought my amp a kicker powersports series

Does [email protected] and 50@2ohm

Now I'm working out the max cone area I can fit and will chose subs basses on that

That was what I was really wondering about. I didn't know if it had a charging system or what.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

i wonder if you ran a bigger amp if when the bass hit the car slows down? thats what i would imagine would happen LOL

how about battery upgrades? would it still be a 12v system? it would be cool if they all ran on 16v or 18v...... could get interesting as the years go on and what comes out with these new cars. i can only imagine it WILL be alot harder to integrate aftermarket anything in these cars without headaches or problems with everything being tied into everything else.

.......interesting topic indeed

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I think you'd just deplete your battery reserve. I'd be interested in the specifics on a system in an electric vehicle too. I don't think that all electric cars are on a 12V operating system.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Guys, the battery bank in an electric car is major high voltage. its not a wimpy 16v cell lol.

now for the 12v items in the car, I'm not positive if it's a step down system or if there is a little 12v battery. if it does have an extra 12v battery then I would assume the only way to add a system would be to add more batteries to that one. I don't believe this would slow down the car is its on another system but exactly what happens when you drain those 12v batteries would just be a guess lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The system is much different than in a car. Generally they have a main bank which is lots of small cells in series to give a couple hundred volts.

Usually around 3-400 volts. Sometimes they have a transformer to up the voltage, the motor in a prius can take up to 600 volts.

Some cars also use huge transistors to make 240v 3 phase ac to power the motor. There's no single way of making an electric car.

As for powering the radio and other electronics it's pretty hard to find information...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

interesting for sure! that would make sense having 2 different power sources..... 1 for driving and such, and 1 for accesories..... i wonder if therer would be a way to tap into the driving batteries and stepping down voltage to like 14-16v. like if someone was to get their hands on the battery bank needed to power the motors and design a voltage stepdown for bringing it down to 14-16v.... that would probably leave a HUGE amount of amps to pull before voltage drop occurs.

that would be crazy expensive to even try but would be interesting to see.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Archived