Second Skin Audio

need info before recone

There's actually a thread up at top of this 'Subwoofers/Enclosures' forum by Kingsuv titled something like "How to Recone a sub". He goes through step by step. If you've got the money and you really want to learn then that's probably your best bet :)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Reconing is super easy. My first and so far only recone I did was on my SMD and it went smoothly. The hardest part was grinding off the old CA glue on the surround and spider landings. My recone turned out great until I put my dustcap on the cone. I went crazy with putting too much glue on the back of the dustcap so when I pressed it down it came out of the area between the cone and dustcap and the glue seam looks like shit from it. It still is holding up just fine and I have been abusing that SMD since recone time and had no issues. Oh and soldering on direct leads is a pain when you do it by yourself so if you do direct leads see if you can get a buddy to help you out with it as holding a torch, solder, 8ga speaker wire and tinsel leads in 2 hands is a task in itself. lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived