Second Skin Audio

need info before recone

The only way for it to come undone like that is if it caught on something during its movement, which is doubtful imo.

If your going to try and warranty it, I wouldn't cut the cone out at all or possibly void your chance at a warranty.

So I would just leave it for DD to deal with.

But then again DD covering something under warranty is a joke in itself, and they always willl blame the user, even if its an actual faulty product.

The coil splits like that usually from being overpowered or clipped. I did that with an old 12" sub I had. I gave it 2500w rms when it was a 750w rms sub (lmfao, I didn't want the sub anyways) and it was not a clipped signal and didn't cook the coil it just made the coil blow apart in one spot. As for cutting the assembly out thats what you do when you recone them, whether you or DD does it. idk if they will void your warranty if you were to disassemble that assembly before they received it so i'd leave it for them to do.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

If that was wired at 1 ohm that means you were giving them ~1750 a piece when they were rated for 1200. Which would void the warranty. But if you're gonna send it back in you have 2 choices.

1. Leave it as is and hope for warranty repair (not likely but you can always hope)

2. Hook it up to a wall outlet before you send it out and make sure to video it for us!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

They sell recones........ I have a pair of DD9512 (F motors) recones on the way for a guys subs, along with new baskets...

Sadly this is why I dont run their product no more, There customer service is horrible....

They will sell recones to some users, while other users they will say nope, and make you send your woofer in..

Then they tax you to clean your woofer and prep it before the new recone is installed, and will also charge you labor on doing the recone...

But if you bought a Sundown, Fi, AA, DC, ETC brand woofer, they will recone the woofer for free if you send it in, of coarse you still gotta pay for the price of the parts and shipping..

The hassles I went thru with recones when I ran their woofers 7+ years ago is why I learned how to recone myself.

I think your best bet if you call them is to talk to Greg Carolus aka usampfreak, he seems to have his head on his shoulders most the time.

Yeah. I kinda learned that quick after I got them and wanted to upgrade. They were givin me hell. But if psi could do it. I would be more than happy to give it a try. Im still waiting on a response from both of them. Dd and psi. Crescendo was faster on replying and more helpful than dd. Lol. But I still love their subs.

Archived