Crossover question..

Moreno93

On my truck (2000 Silverado 1500 EXT Cab LT) i have factory wiring for both a tweeter and a midbass speaker. Im sure this is a stupid question.. But would i get more power out of a headunit using the factory wiring for the tweeter and the midbass versus connecting just the midbass to the crossover to power both the tweeter and midbass?

I dont completely understand ur question, but if the gist of it is trying to make the hu put iut more power then its a no. Its already putting out all its ever gonna put out. Thats why they made 4 channels for when the headunit isnt enough (not trying to sound like a smart ass)

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I dont completely understand ur question, but if the gist of it is trying to make the hu put iut more power then its a no. Its already putting out all its ever gonna put out. Thats why they made 4 channels for when the headunit isnt enough (not trying to sound like a smart ass)

Even if it has a dedicated channel for each tweeter, Plus 4 More channels for each speaker. Im sure it's running off the 1-2 channel on the headunit but wouldn't i be getting less out of a split 1-2 channel?

I dont think so.. but homestly when it comes to wiring mids and highs im no expert and I dont think ill understand how ur truck is wired unless I were to see it lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Stock wiring sucks, and no you will not gain anything using it over new speaker wire other than the fact you'll have peace of mind knowing you'll have no problems with it. If your adding new component speakers your best bet is to run all new wire to them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Your headunit has a HPF built in. I would see if it can be set around 80-120hz and use that for you midbass. Since you are running your doors of the h/u power it will only get so loud but that will at least help with the distortion some.

Archived