Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan

Took out the headlight assemblies and gave them to Mike (Hyper) to see if he can come up with some type of upgrades for me ...

image_url-43297-1372023460.jpg

Yes, I know that the driver's side needs alot of work before the headlights can be permanently installed. We are going to french in the bessels (chrome trim pieces) so this should not be a problem for us when we get to doing body work on the front cap ...

Also ... gonna take that grille off soon and see what is salvageable (rechrome) or neds to be replaced. The marker lights will be filled in. State law on these cars do not require signal lights if they were not and origional option ...

image_url-43297-1372027903.jpg

Mike stopped by and delivered something to me on the way to Scrapin the Coast !!!

image_url-43297-1372023486.jpg

image_url-43297-1372023512.jpg

These look AMAZING !!! Can't wait to see them on the car !!! Thank you Mike, If you get a chance ... please quote this post and give us some details on these lights !!!

EDIT: Mike is on CA-F, so as soon as he post his update for this ... I will copy and paste it to hare !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

In the process of gutting out this car this weekend, I tried to snap a pic or 2 ... Here is one of the back seat / trunk area ...
image_url-43297-1372023055.jpg
At the moment ... there will be no back seat installed back into the car. The old one was completely destroyed ... Maybe one day I can find another one to get in there, but for now it's not an issue to worry about at this time ...
Also ... got the back driver / passenger windows assembly out so we can get the new windows cut and installed !!!
image_url-43297-1372028035.jpg
image_url-43297-1372028062.jpg
Nice view of the wife's 2013 Chevy Cruize too ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

The interior metal work is actually in much better shape than the picures show ... Some rusty places need to be cut out and be replaces with good metal. We will get to it as soon as we can ... I'm just trying to get everything gutted out and cleaned up so we can see what is going on with this ride !! So far, we are in good shape ...

We got the floor boards cleaned up so we can get some deadner in there and see about making enclosures for the kick pannels while we work on everything else ... From the looks ther should be PLENTY of room to fit one 8 in each kick pannel area in their own pored and tuned enclsures !!!

image_url-43297-1372023196.jpg

We are not installing any deadner at this time to the transmission / drive train area because we are going to install a floor shifter soon and will need to cut metal for that ...
Also ... We left some room open for the foot pedals just incase something needs to be repaired, replaced, or updated for new linkages or electronics ...
image_url-43297-1372023277.jpg
image_url-43297-1372023323.jpg
image_url-43297-1372023377.jpg

In this pic ... You can see that I took the Brake lights out and took them apart.
image_url-43297-1372023055.jpg

They were Glass lenses. One of them was broke, So I gave the good one to Mike from Hyper to see if he can work some more magic and come up with something cool for my brake lights ...

looking really good randal. cant wait to see more.

Thank you Sir !!!

Need to say this... Fast N Loud, SMD edition. Lmfao.

Yea really !!! Thanks man !!!

Looks like ur makin progress, no matter how small it is. Cant wait to see more

Thanks man ... Yea, would be nice to have a team on this project ... but we all know how that goes.

Good news though !!! I finally got my wiring harness kit ordered !!! Once I get that installed, we can get her lights operational, drive her around some, and really start getting some work done ...

What's the big deal with the October date? Crusin' the Coast?!? :D

Looking very interesting. It is fun cleaning them out and getting them back to "zero" to start all the work. Like a clean slate to do your magic.

Oh- I wouldn't trust that Mike guy. He seems shifty to me. :ph34r: hehe

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived