Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan

What's the big deal with the October date? Crusin' the Coast?!? :D

Yes, Cruzin' the Coast and Car Audio Unified World Finals in Huntsville, Al ...

Looking very interesting. It is fun cleaning them out and getting them back to "zero" to start all the work. Like a clean slate to do your magic.

Thanks man ... Yep, I am having alot of fun with this car !!!

Oh- I wouldn't trust that Mike guy. He seems shifty to me. :ph34r: hehe

Yep ... He's one of those you have to watch out for ... LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Looks like ur makin progress, no matter how small it is. Cant wait to see more

Thanks man ... Yea, would be nice to have a team on this project ... but we all know how that goes.

Good news though !!! I finally got my wiring harness kit ordered !!! Once I get that installed, we can get her lights operational, drive her around some, and really start getting some work done ...

I'm going to try my best and detail that wiring setup as if the entire wiring / electrical section of this car is being judged in Sound Quality wiring inspection ...

The only thing that I have to really concentrate on is the addition of audio / LED wiring in their respected locations ... I'm thinking that the only thing that really needs to be run on their own is the RCA (coax) cables, so I should be able to run them separately at a later date ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

The other day I got my hands on a set of bucket seats out of a 96 Chevy Silverado. They need to be recovered, but will work fine for now during the build to manuver the car around to the different shops and stuff ... The only problem was that the seats were too wide for the car. It has a big center console thingy so we too that off to cut off of a section of the seat brackets to make the seats fit properly ...
Today I got one of my partners of crime in the Mississippi Street Rod Association Hulon Slay to cut, fit, and reweld my seat brackets ... Couldn't ask for a better setup than what I got. So far, everything is lining up perfectly !!! Thank you Hulon !!! Hopefully I will have the seats reinstalled back to the brackets and installed into the car this weekend ...
image_url-43297-1372228558.jpg
image_url-43297-1372228690.jpg
image_url-43297-1372228725.jpg

Looking good man!

Head unit: Pioneer P880prsFront stage: Alpine Type X 17PRO componentsComponent amp: PPI BK 800.4Subs: Two SSA XCON 12's in 4.5 cubes tuned to 34hzSub amp: PPI BK1300.1Sound Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Spectrum, and Sludge

Team SSA

Team Alerion

Looking good man!

Thank you Sir !!!

I'm running a new wiring harness kit in his 38 Chevy Coupe,

One step closer to getting this car on the road !!!

Check this out guys !!! A piece of old school Pioneer history ... pulled it out of the 38 Chevy !!!

image_url-43297-1372235186.jpg

Sweet radio. That should blend in nicely.

Thanks man !!! But I'm not going to use anything like this for my 49 Ford, I will be installing my Kenwood DNX9980HD into the 49 Ford.

I just wanted this headunit for collector purposes ...

• 3 weeks later...

This car has seriously been in my dreams the past couple of nights, Cablguy. I've been imagining a slick ass Oxford White(new Ford color, the one of the Fusion on the ford.com homepage) on a set of Cragar 17's, chrome of course, and a sweet air ride suspension. A REALLY nice blend of oldschool and newschool styling, with a sweet King Ranch style interior...big round gauges, and more Class A/B amps and SQ orientated gear than you could shake a stick at. Oh, and an AC that'll freeze your nuts off. :)

Can't wait to see some more progress on this bud :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Thanks man ... Been working alot (you know, that Cable Guy thing ...) and haven't had time to work on the old car like I should ...

Way it goes I guess ...

Color is going to be "plum crazy" purple with dark brown interior with A/C and Sound Quality setup ...

Hopefully getting started on the body work soon and we are going to leave the drive train stock with ALOT of updates ... Like a new electric cooling fan, power sterring, floor shifter, 4 wheel disc brakes with Air Ride, and a few (understatement LOL) modifications to the front / rear suspension to fit 17s on the front and 20s on the rear ... All this can change, but for now ... the plan !!!

I'm working now on installing the new wiring harness to get all the new guages / LED and HID lights in working order So we can drive her while we build her ... I will be updating this thread soon !!! Thank you SMD !!!

may I ask why such a big size difference between front and rear rims?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived