Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan

Here you go bud:

VERY NICE RIDE !!!

Appreciate it bud, that sedan would look sharp that new flame blue metallic ford has.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

I must say....I LOVE ME A SHOEBOX FORD!!!! I personally wouldnt do flat black ... way to overplayed now. But what would look great is a deep brandywine exterior with all stainless and chrome restored and cleaned. Now for the interior....I think a nice saddle (deep tan) leather with a lighter tan "tuck n roll" insert on the front and back seats. Door and quarter panels to match the seats with chrome or polished hardware.

Now I know the stance of these shoeboxes at stock height seem a bit tall. I think a mustang II front with a parallel 4 link w/ panhard rear on some coilovers would give the drop 3-5". Also a way to keep a "stock" apearance wheel wise there is a company that manufactures 18"-22" "steelie" style wheels for really good prices. which you can paint a nice contrasting color (creme or bronze) and you could run an old ford "V8" style hub cap.

I would definately run an old "flathead" with a 4-speed to a nice solid 9" rear.

Dont do any crazy body mods....I love the lines and all factory aspects. but doing suspension, rims, and a stylish interior will definately turn heads. Then when you add in a stealth high end stereo....O....M....G.... WINNING!!!!

Loking forward to this bro!! I wish I lived closer!

If I had the money for most of this, I'd be all over it ... Would be nice to have your expert knowledge help on this ...

But unless something goes bad wrong, the motor, transmission, rear end, front and rear suspension will stay stock until October after Car Audio Unified World Finals in Huntsville, Alabama ... Its all running great and I have TONS of other things to work on that needs more attention ...

I may convert it to a floor shifter as I do not care for a standard column shift in a car ...

Honnestly, I never knew that you could hook up a later model transmission to a Flat head motor ...

Oh I understand...hense the reason I dont race anymore and my C10 build has been put on hold. priorities always come first.

Theres a shop right outside Chicago that specializes in building high performance flat head V8's and accessories. To put a modern 4-speed or 5 or 6 speed on these motors is mainly just the bellhousing. Then of course fabbing up a tranny crossmember.

But with doing the paint and body yourself you're saving 1000's, so that should help.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I must say....I LOVE ME A SHOEBOX FORD!!!! I personally wouldnt do flat black ... way to overplayed now. But what would look great is a deep brandywine exterior with all stainless and chrome restored and cleaned. Now for the interior....I think a nice saddle (deep tan) leather with a lighter tan "tuck n roll" insert on the front and back seats. Door and quarter panels to match the seats with chrome or polished hardware.

Now I know the stance of these shoeboxes at stock height seem a bit tall. I think a mustang II front with a parallel 4 link w/ panhard rear on some coilovers would give the drop 3-5". Also a way to keep a "stock" apearance wheel wise there is a company that manufactures 18"-22" "steelie" style wheels for really good prices. which you can paint a nice contrasting color (creme or bronze) and you could run an old ford "V8" style hub cap.

I would definately run an old "flathead" with a 4-speed to a nice solid 9" rear.

Dont do any crazy body mods....I love the lines and all factory aspects. but doing suspension, rims, and a stylish interior will definately turn heads. Then when you add in a stealth high end stereo....O....M....G.... WINNING!!!!

Loking forward to this bro!! I wish I lived closer!

If I had the money for most of this, I'd be all over it ... Would be nice to have your expert knowledge help on this ...

But unless something goes bad wrong, the motor, transmission, rear end, front and rear suspension will stay stock until October after Car Audio Unified World Finals in Huntsville, Alabama ... Its all running great and I have TONS of other things to work on that needs more attention ...

I may convert it to a floor shifter as I do not care for a standard column shift in a car ...

Honnestly, I never knew that you could hook up a later model transmission to a Flat head motor ...

Oh I understand...hense the reason I dont race anymore and my C10 build has been put on hold. priorities always come first.

Theres a shop right outside Chicago that specializes in building high performance flat head V8's and accessories. To put a modern 4-speed or 5 or 6 speed on these motors is mainly just the bellhousing. Then of course fabbing up a tranny crossmember.

But with doing the paint and body yourself you're saving 1000's, so that should help.

Damn I wished you lived closer ... I'd give you my 5002iq for your time and help with my door jams, rocker pannels, and window fabrication ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yeah now I really wish I lived closer lol!

Heres what I had in mind for paint and interior

UK01_BC02.jpg

Interior has this color for the seats

ute_saddle-heavy__560401327946418980980.

This for the inserts

11234_full.jpg

I think that would look great together!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I'm tired of the tan ... That's similar to what is in the truck.

But this ... This is insane !!! Almost a candy Whineberry color ...

UK01_BC02.jpg

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Thank you Sir ... Yea, I've always had a thing for streetrods and sport trucks !!!

1 thing I might suggest is LED exterior lighting like LED taillight bulbs, just to add a modern badass spin on an epic classic :)

Also, one thing I've noticed is almost any color will look good on this car :)

std_49_ford_2_door_sedan_lead_sled_rear.

I'm sponsored by Hyper Automotive LEDs and HIDs ... so you know I'm going "big air" with this one ...

That is a 2 door custom coupe ... Not a sedan like mine. but a very nice looking car ... but not the look I'm going for ...

Something like this ...

1207sr-37-z+ronald-smith-1949-ford-sedan

That reminds me of the new King Ranch Ford trucks... If this was my project, it would get a 3.9 v8 and a built tranny out of a new Thunderbird or Lincoln LS. And a full air ride suspension. Exterior paint would be ford's new Vermillion Red color from the SuperDuty's, LOTS of chrome, and some 18 inch Cragar wheels. Interior would be black leather with white accents and gauges and whatnot

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If this was my project, it would get a 3.9 v8 and a built tranny out of a new Thunderbird or Lincoln LS. And a full air ride suspension. Exterior paint would be ford's new Vermillion Red color from the SuperDuty's, LOTS of chrome, and some 18 inch Cragar wheels. Interior would be black leather with white accents and gauges and whatnot

I really like your ideas ... but I have to be realistic here. There is no way in hell that I would have the money to do this ...

I'm not going to call this a "budget build" but I HAVE to spend what little funds I have availiable VERY wisely ...

First off, I want my interior / audio system done by October. Not sure if its going to happen, but I'm giving it my best shot ...

There is no need to change the running gear out of this car at this time ... It runs great, and I'm hoping it rides and drives just as good too ... We are going to repair, rebuild,, clean and paint the running gear as we go ... atleast until after the Event in Huntsville, Al (October) ...

I've got to get her in shape to where we can modify the windows, doors, interior area so we can set everything up for interior and stereo ... ALOT of sanding and unnoticable body repairs to places like the rocker pannels, door jams, floor, trunk area, and modify my custom bucket seats I was going to use in my Silverado ...

All this on my budget where there is entirely too much month at the end of the money ...

Archived