Check out these slick pc speakers I built for fathers day a while ago.

So my parents built a new office and theres no sound in it yet. My stepdad listens to music all day on his laptop. I HATE the way it sounds and I'm not even listening to it...I can't stand built in computer speakers. So for fathers day I'm building him some simple fullrange 2 channel computer speakers.

Nothing crazy just about 10w each channel with 3" full range driver. Going to do about .15 ft cubed enclosures with 1inch port tuned to around 60hz. Going off of some designs and discussions on the partsexpress techtalk forum.

The enclosures will be 13.75" tall / 4.5" wide / 6-6.5" deep, the feet on the bottom will be angled slightly so they tilt back at a slight angle to aim more directly at the listener. Driver is going at the top/port under . Driver edge about 1"-1.5" inches down from top and port 1.5" below the driver. I have a basic sketchup I will post once I'm home.

I have already ordered everything I will need.

Here is a parts list. I am going to build these out of 1/2" mdf as soon as the stuff come so I can listen and make sure they sound good before I gift them lol.

Everything totaled in about 100$, my brother is going halfs with me so 50$ for a fathers day gift is not bad.

Dayton Audio ND90-4 3-1/2" Aluminum Cone Full-Range Driver 4 Ohm

290-208_l.jpg

Small little class-T amp, perfect for his desk.

dayton-audio-dta-1-class-t-digital-ac-dc

Going with a 1" flared aero port. and a small square banana plug speaker terminal for the back.

Planning on doing a Grill out of speaker grille cloth and making it easily removeable. Witht the driver flush mounted, it should look good either way.

Going to wire it all up with my SCHA speaker wire :drink40:

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Also planning on doing some small mdf rings that will mount over the drivers flange and sit flush with the baffle to clean it up and get rid of the ungle square flange used to mount the driver.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Sounds cool man.

Thanks, working on a simple sketchup right now. I'll update when I start building them.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Nice to see someone else on here doing this stuff!

I like your tangband build. I'm going similar style enclosure with these 3" drivers, but it will be thinner and taller, ported too. Should be good and the design has been used by others so I'm not doing something new, but its a gift and I want them to sound decent.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Think I have a finalized design. thoughts anyone?

pcspeakers_zpsc19c22fa.png

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Started building yet?

That's a very unusual design, but they look original which is cool B)

• 2 months later...

This is old as shit, but actually finished them, and FLIPPED the design.

They sound amazing, have some good low end extension...I can play dubstep with clear basslines and still have highs on 3" speakers...shits awesome. On 15w a side they have no problem filling a room with music too loud for my mom, lol to mission accomplished.

Project cost me about $125 for two full range neo drivers, small amp, rubber feat, grille cloth, bedliner, wood, 1" port tubes, shca 14ga wire, terminal posts, and some spring connectors...

I will have pics up later, for some reason my photobucket upload on my phone is not working.

I will post specs, dims and pics later, just in case anyone wants to steal them

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived