Second Skin Audio

Please Help

reinke

i am thinking about picking up a set of kicker l5 15's on monday. my only problem is that a ported box will not fit at all in my trunk, so i was wondering how would they sound if i put them in a sealed box. each sub would get between 1.5 and 2 cubic feet? i only have 16" of max height, so i am not even sure if they will fit period.

----reference's----

meade916

I personally prefer sealed enclosures, check the kicker website or somewhere and find the reccomended box size for those subs, sounds like enough space to me tho

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I personally prefer sealed enclosures, check the kicker website or somewhere and find the reccomended box size for those subs, sounds like enough space to me tho

theoretically a sealed box would fit. but i would have to do subs up and everytime i have done this it has sounded horrible no matter what subs i have used. the problem is that the recommended sealed box is 16.5 high and i cant go that high. even if i go to 16 even that only leaves .5 inches on the top and bottom which i am not comfortable with. i wanted to do a sealed box so i could break some stuff and do my first hair trick.

----reference's----

meade916

if i take the rear seats out i only have 10.75" of max heights.the opening is tiny in this car behind the seats. the slant in the front only gives me a extra .5 cu.ft per sub. i think i am not gonna be able to do it.

----reference's----

meade916

sounds likew your gonna need to strip your trunk and use the spare tire well. glass is a small cars best friend for large subs.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

it does sound like enough space to me IMO....but me personally i dont like sealed boxes. just my $0.2

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Archived