shake_junt Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 I have a 2001 chevy s10 extreme extended cab. I want to wall it off or do a blowthrough if i somehow grow the balls. anyone have ideas im open to all suggestions, has anyone else made a design that worked out great let me know looking for any ideas and designs. Thanks!!
DylanBunch Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 People are gonna need a shit ton more info than just "I wanna do a blowthru, please help" not trying to be mean. Tell us what and how many subs, power, daily or spl. Someone here will help you, but cant till you answer atleast the questions I brought up. 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
shake_junt Posted May 10, 2013 Author Report Posted May 10, 2013 Sorry I was being a bit vague I guess, I was just wondering what people have done In their chevy s10's that have worked great. Anyways im planning to do 2 18s either audioque hdc4s or 2 american bass vfl comp 18s...we have 2 of each im gunna do 2, he already has 2 in a b5 style audi a4. I recently was at a show and got to sit in the gmc with 12 fi ssd 10s, it beat the shit outta me. I wanna do the same type of wall port across the top I want it to be well rounded but peak in the low 30s. We got about 12.5 - 13 cubes in the audi and its well rounded and sounds great. Im planning on using an old autotek mean machine 4000.1d using around 3k of clean power maybe a little more dont wanna push the amp at all. Again shoulda specified but ive been thinking it over the past 2 days and thats what I want. This is gunna be a daily driver
Joe X Posted May 10, 2013 Report Posted May 10, 2013 If you don't mind taking out the back seats I don't see much of a point in doing a blowthrough.
shake_junt Posted May 10, 2013 Author Report Posted May 10, 2013 Its just an extended cab, theres only a 3rd seat and its already taken out.
Sanitarium Posted May 10, 2013 Report Posted May 10, 2013 not a whole lotta airspace behind those seats to do any kind of serious wall.
Joe X Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 You should post the max dims for a box, if you can't meet a good spec then yes a blowthrough, it would likely be bandpass to limit the cut size to your truck.
Tarball Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 you are going to run into some box design challenges with a blowthrough in an s10 on 18s. 4-6 12 would be a better direction IMO. checkout my never ending build log - goal 2 15s, cutthrough, ported, firing into the cab sealed off. CURRENT SYSTEM: Alternator: Stock alt on mids/highs Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v Batteries: (2) XS D1400s Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks Headunit: 80-PRS Sub Amp: DC 5.0k Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal. Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4 Active Components: Mids RE XXX 6.5c Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar) Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab. Build Log If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
shake_junt Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 I decided I dont wanna take on the challenge of a blowthrough, id rather do a straight up wall port forward subs forward ill get my max dimensions and post them!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.