Second Skin Audio

15" Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro

Just wondering if anybody has experimented with one of these in a 4th order bandpass? I currently have it in a 5 cft. ported box with 40sq" of port tuned at 35 hz. In my last car (1999 mercury cougar)(hatchback) it sounded great, but now i have it in a 2005 nissan altima and it sounds horrible. I have woofer and port firing forward. I have tried facing the enclosure the other direction (woofer and port firing towards the rear) and it just rattles like crazy. i have deaden all panels to no avail. I have it running on a power acoustic BAMF 5500 at 1 ohm (i know shitty amp). So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

)

Try a different box before going 4th order.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

5 cubes with 40sqin of port? if you have a slot port, that is WAY too small. 5 cubes needs like 70sqin. thats why it sounds like shit. port is undersized.

As Kranny said build a box about 70sqin of port. Different cars have different peaks. Do you have the current box sealed from the trunk?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

5 cubes is too big too i had mine in a 3.5 cubed box tuned to 30 hz or so i think it was.... favorite sub ive owned wish i got to mess with it more than i did... all well... id do 3.5 as the hz they recommend 40hz but id do 35 or so make sure you adjust your ssf accordingly

Archived