Fj Alternator Hunt Lookiing Better Now.**a Few Pics**

So I emailed irragi, to his first adress and nothing, but I am not complaining , cause I realized he has a different email on ebay than the one I found on here, so I will give him a week or two. However, Excessive amperage ( nate ) told me that the numbers on my alternator indicate that I have a "hairpin" style alternator and it can't be reworked. He said maybe he could do a conversion and asked for some pics, so I sent them and no word yet. But again I am patient. Here is the thing, I don't want a rewound alt, but a bigger alternator. I may have it all wrong and a rewound maybe the thing I am supposed to have. I don't know. What I do know is I want a bigger alternator and it looks like a dead end. The FJ cruiser has the same motor as a tacoma and a four runner, so there has to be some kinda option for me. If I can't get more power production under the hood , then I can't go to 15" BTL s and a couple of sundown 3000 s like I want to. And that sucks. I am kinda bummed and ranting - but what the hell.? :( I drive a Toyota, it isn't like it is some rare or unusual brand, or vehicle. Well the FJ is a bit unusual , but it is built on a 4runner frame , and as I said it has the same V6 as the tacoma. There has to be a way to get more juice under the hood.

I kinda hijacked another thread with this and I felt I needed to offer a better explanation , and maybe some one can chime in or offer up a source.

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Well I sent ohio generator a email. We'll see what they say as well. Thats three companies, somebody has got to be able to come up with something.

I hope.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

if its the same motor as the tacoma then im willing to bet one for the tacomas will fit. dont give up hope yet.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thats what I am thinking as well. So for now I wait. Maybe I'll post up some pics of my stock one so you guys can see.

this is the front, alternator is on the drivers side

l_9cd1d3a36fa2c7b5e2087d8461e91db5.jpg

this is looking down over the drivers side over the fender, the battery is on this side too.

there is a good amount of space there, surely another alternator could fit there

l_d77f7bb78e62cf836e102b99ae158a64.jpg

Edited by trainman0978

My Kulicki Box Build

Yeah, but I was told that mine can't be rewound at all. But I would think another can that could be made to fit , or add a second one to it. hang on pics coming.....

My Kulicki Box Build

Irragi emailed me back today....:) YAY !!!!!

The bad news is , this aint gonna be cheap

180 $ roughly 480

200 $ roughly 490

220 $ roughly 520

240 $ roughly 540

260 $ roughly 560

280 $ roughly 580

300 $ roughly 600

he said " all model are the same at your engine idle" does this mean it will maintain a steady output at idle, I dont want no check engine lights coming on.....

So here is my question If I run this set up :

2 - Sundown audio 3000watt subwoofer amplifiers

2- 15" Fi BTL subwoofers

1- Sundown Audio 4 x 100watt stereo amplifer

1- powermaster battery up front to replace the factory battery ( either a D975, D1200 or a D5100, etc. - whichever will fit?)

1- powermaster D3100 in the back, I have room for 2 if need be.

what alternator should I try and run, even if I put two power master 3100 s in the back ?

Edited by trainman0978

My Kulicki Box Build

bump

My Kulicki Box Build

Irragi emailed me back today....:) YAY !!!!!

The bad news is , this aint gonna be cheap

180 $ roughly 480

200 $ roughly 490

220 $ roughly 520

240 $ roughly 540

260 $ roughly 560

280 $ roughly 580

300 $ roughly 600

he said " all model are the same at your engine idle" does this mean it will maintain a steady output at idle, I dont want no check engine lights coming on.....

So here is my question If I run this set up :

2 - Sundown audio 3000watt subwoofer amplifiers

2- 15" Fi BTL subwoofers

1- Sundown Audio 4 x 100watt stereo amplifer

1- powermaster battery up front to replace the factory battery ( either a D975, D1200 or a D5100, etc. - whichever will fit?)

1- powermaster D3100 in the back, I have room for 2 if need be.

what alternator should I try and run, even if I put two power master 3100 s in the back ?

if you have room for the 2 batteries in back i would recommend getting them, 6k plus is a pretty big strain.