xPhobiazombie Posted May 16, 2013 Report Posted May 16, 2013 Hello, I was just posting this for a little bit more info on this subwoofer. Mostly like what type of power should I throw to it, and the year of production. I was also wondering what type of glue should i use to glue the dust cap down? I have it duct taped to the cone so no dust goes to the coil. Thanks!
Airborne Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 where did you get that thing? Use CA glue on the dust cap.
98GCLimited Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 I had a friend in high school who bought one of these and an orion hcca amp the red heatsink ones. Thing was sweet. He blew the sub probably from clipping. I wish I knew then that you could recone but we were noobs and he threw the sub away They are nice subs.
TeamHT Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 400-600 watts. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 Depending on the enclosure, I remember two of those on 250 watts each and they sounded great Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Kyblack76 Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 The red HCCa amps are nice... the subs are decent for the old school type. Look into a recone/rebuild if your serious about it. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
xPhobiazombie Posted May 17, 2013 Author Report Posted May 17, 2013 where did you get that thing? I got it from a guy locally. My brother had one throwing about 800 watts into it and it sounded great from an old school orion amp. I was going to make a box with 2.25 cubes and a aero port tuned to 33 hertz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.