Second Skin Audio

1 Solo X 12" ported vs. 2 L7 12's sealed

Pokey

Ok, I can ask around and check out the video section on ROE to see what other folks used for that sub too.

GL finding a BTL10 on ROE's video section. The circulation of BTL 10's is very low ATM.  I'm telling you get a Q or 2 and call it a day.

I had to laugh when I saw the the noobs that replied to this both said to go with the L7's..but the 2 guys with much more experience said to go with the Solo X or Fi. After talking to some folks last night, I learned that L7's pretty much suck donkey balls when in a sealed box. So scratch that idea all-together.

How big would the box have to be to fit 2 Fi Q's in there??? Think it would fit into that trunk??

No offense but the L7s don't suck in a sealed box...They just love ported boxes ;D They still get loud sealed :^

I'd go L7's..and i'm not a newbie...L7's CAN SOUND GOOD in large sealed enclosures despite what some people may say...Especially when comparing it to a SoloX that is not designed for daily installs.

and large is outta the question here.
Exactly.....And in this car, an L7 in a sealed box would suck. It just wouldn't be enough IMO.

I'd go L7's..and i'm not a newbie...L7's CAN SOUND GOOD in large sealed enclosures despite what some people may say...Especially when comparing it to a SoloX that is not designed for daily installs.

and large is outta the question here.
Exactly.....And in this car, an L7 in a sealed box would suck. It just wouldn't be enough IMO.
So what you plan on putting in there?

I had to laugh when I saw the the noobs that replied to this both said to go with the L7's..but the 2 guys with much more experience said to go with the Solo X or Fi. After talking to some folks last night, I learned that L7's pretty much suck donkey balls when in a sealed box. So scratch that idea all-together.

How big would the box have to be to fit 2 Fi Q's in there??? Think it would fit into that trunk??

No offense but the L7s don't suck in a sealed box...They just love ported boxes ;D They still get loud sealed :^
they dont sound great though sealed, and at times sound muddy sealed

they dont sound great though sealed, and at times sound muddy sealed
Ehhh w/e...I guess I don't have much listening time with L7s in a sealed enclosure since all of mine were ported....I've actually never had a sealed box ;D

Archived