Second Skin Audio

box blowing surround?

CRudy

So i posted a post yesterday asking about if i should order a new surround for an old rockford sub i have (i did order a new surround btw).

But i just thought of what caused the surround the blow in the first place? could it be the box? the box its been in is weird, its got a sealed section and a ported section. haha yes i know about bandpasses but all the bandpasses ive seen have the cone in the ported section and the motor in the sealed, but the cone goes in the sealed section and the motor goes in the ported section in my case. I guess my question is, was ordering a new surround a waste? Like do you think my box will blow the new surround too?

make sure the surround isnt being pinched off by the cutout

do you have any pics of the damaged surround?

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Motor in ported allows you to smell stinking coils so you know if and when something is going bad.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I do not have a picture of the surround unfortunately, i just scraped the basket clean today for the new surround.

And Cleansierra the surround was falling off to the touch i believe it was rotted to all hell haha, but the box is i think a rockford fosgate made box (yeah a prefab i guess :barf2: ) so maybe it is just a shitty box that would help blow out surrounds...

Motor in ported allows you to smell stinking coils so you know if and when something is going bad.

^ from what i've heard about woofers in bandpass boxes, if you smell it... Its already too late aha...

2x Sundown SA-15s 8 cubes tuned to 30hz sealed in trunk Soundstream Rub 1.1600 Soundstream Rub 5.800 4x Kinetik hc600

^ from what i've heard about woofers in bandpass boxes, if you smell it... Its already too late aha...
it's still better than not being able to tell at all

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Haha yeah i dont think its blown though, i used the battery to terminal trick and it was excurting and what-not. This sub is just something my brother had and wasnt gonna do anything with so he gave it too me, so I wasnt there when the surround blew out or anything and didnt get to smell coil

412cvx box?

Even though it's prefab it shouldn't be a problem after fixing the speaker.

Archived