Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Just mounting the spiders to the top of it, right?

I would probably bolt it down if possible. Just counter-sink the holes so the spider sits on the landing properly still.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

yeah after looking at it more and more I feel like any time trying to glue this would probably end up wasted with my motor force, bolts/screws it is.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I come into this log expecting to see a superwoofer after reading through almost every comment for 69 whole pages but all I get is a bunch of pictures of gross ass toes! :jon:

Haha but I'm just playin' man, looks great so far! Hope you are getting close! This thread has taught me a ton about speaker design though! I'm sure you learned from more than one source but is there any specific place that you can thing of where you learned all of this?

I come into this log expecting to see a superwoofer after reading through almost every comment for 69 whole pages but all I get is a bunch of pictures of gross ass toes! :jon:

Haha but I'm just playin' man, looks great so far! Hope you are getting close! This thread has taught me a ton about speaker design though! I'm sure you learned from more than one source but is there any specific place that you can thing of where you learned all of this?

Ehhhhhh, 1 place? Definitely not unfortunately. There's so many different things to learn about. My recommendations for the basic areas would be K&J Magnetics and FEMM for basic magnetic learning, the ASM Handbook for metals possibly the best source out there for steel properties when it comes to it, and this link: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/6329-ts-parameters-thiele-small-parameters.html for the T/S params. I have other sources I can send you if necessary. It's really just a google hodgepodge lol

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Ehhhhhh, 1 place? Definitely not unfortunately. There's so many different things to learn about. My recommendations for the basic areas would be K&J Magnetics and FEMM for basic magnetic learning, the ASM Handbook for metals possibly the best source out there for steel properties when it comes to it, and this link: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/6329-ts-parameters-thiele-small-parameters.html for the T/S params. I have other sources I can send you if necessary. It's really just a google hodgepodge lol

I figured there were going to be multiple sources like that, but the ones you gave me look good! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

se7d0Q3.jpg

These holes were presumably for direct leads I suppose? They gonna actually be holes I use to secure the ring down, took a lot of modification to get it to work just right.

BHlLsyQ.jpg

YJLXbDu.jpg

kgJFbcF.jpg

lPK9S0V.jpg

I had initially used a 5/16 tap on the holes, but the threads weren't perfectly aligned from the spacing ring to the metal basket and it was bending the ring when tightened down, so I just bored them out to 3/8 and used lock and flat washers underneath to make sure they were putting as much pressure down.

ePziI2Q.jpg

xBCotmW.jpg

loLcTuF.jpg

Not really working because most the tip died up, so off to home depot.

1YuXY2Q.jpg

nBoO3L1.jpg

Jacob told me they do glue it down, so I finally got over my brain fart and realized I don't need to use an actual glue like super/rubber cement and remembered they make stuff like loctite PL haha so it went on everywhere.

zU1bWYh.jpg

3SCedZt.jpg

hCe79lP.jpg

v0l3U0H.jpg

7f0p1cG.jpg

I knew all those thing from ceramics would come in handy some day lol, thankfully they weigh so much.

I missed Alan.

Curious why you chose polyurethane adhesive over traditional CA glue?

And do you have any sort of insulating tube for the bolt and washer on the bottom? I'd be concerned of... Well... A short

Curious why you chose polyurethane adhesive over traditional CA glue?

And do you have any sort of insulating tube for the bolt and washer on the bottom? I'd be concerned of... Well... A short

Well, I'll be using CA glue for all the soft parts, but for this I wanted something that wouldn't dry brittle and in case there might have been a rattle where some of the glue didn't go on very well or activator didn't reach or whatever, this stuff is great. And if the need ever arises it can be cut away, but as far as tearing or coming loose goes? Not gonna happen.

And no, what were you thinking might happen? I mean, they're no different than the aluminum basket I suppose so I'm not sure if they'd be any extra concern. But if you really think something might happen it couldn't hurt to figure something out.

I missed Alan.

You ever popped the terminals off a pre-built sub? They have plastic insulators on the top and bottom. And attached to the insulator is a little sleeve to keep it centered in the hole. That way nothing touches

I also know the one and only time I ever sent an amp into protect was when I forgot the plastic washer. 0 ohms ftw

Archived