Second Skin Audio

box design software

flood77

Pencil and paper.

terrible answer.

Download torres box calc on this site and get your cuts/tuning/etc

download google sketchup and make it in there to see it 3D

Terrible answer. Maybe if people would start learning instead of having shit spoon fed to them, they'd have knowledge instead of a cut sheet and no idea.

Torres is the worst.

But what do I know? I design my boxes in my head standing in front of the panel saw at Home Depot.

Pencil and paper.

terrible answer.

Terrible answer. Maybe if people would start learning instead of having shit spoon fed to them, they'd have knowledge instead of a cut sheet and no idea.

Torres is the worst.

But what do I know? I design my boxes in my head standing in front of the panel saw at Home Depot.

i have all my numbers i just want to see the proper way to do the port construction,bracing,

Torres is awesome. But it is horrible in the fact that every DIYer is now a box designer and people don't understand the equations or what they're looking at. Which isn't evil...but if more people were educated I think we'd see a vast improvement in installs. But you can't fault a program for making it easy, a lot of time and love went in to that. And lets not even get started on RE's calculator, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Pencil and paper.

terrible answer.

Torres is the worst.

i have all my numbers i just want to see the proper way to do the port construction,bracing,

I hear you, man. It's cool to see it all mapped out in 3D and what not. And it's fine to use calculators for some stuff- like tuning. But I prefer to use a tape measure and mental picture. I like to do the math and stuff by hand. It's part of the fun for me.

I just think people get too caught up in the software and stuff when as soo nas you drop it in the vehicle... it's going to change the tuning and response anyway.

But whatever gets you wangin'!

Archived