Second Skin Audio

box design software

flood77

sand springs, oklahoma

since sundown is not well known here theirs no good info on how they perform in a larger enclosure like 2.5 per sub vs 1.8 per sub.

ive looked at other builds on youtube and other various places to see if i could get some insight on them but seems most people dont like to share info on their setups

maybe a bandpass would be better for them or just a simple sealed enclosure,thats the deal ive been researching this for a good time now and im still no where with what these should be in.

does everybody just use what the manufacture recommends when they build their enclosures?

Many use manufacturer specs. You don't need to over complicate things and start thinking of 4th order. A simple ported design should be just fine for you. A big ass slot port is where I would lean if it were my truck. On the driver side with all the subs in a common chamber.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

On a side note, I wish you were nearby because I'd bust a wall out for you. I'd bust a wall out so hard....

On a less creepy note, there may be some local guys on here to help you with the next project and avoid paying like you did last time. I do have to say, that shop DID a clean install and your money clearly went towards labor. They definitely put some hours into the build for you and made it pretty. Too bad it doesn't perform as well as it looks.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Many use manufacturer specs. You don't need to over complicate things and start thinking of 4th order. A simple ported design should be just fine for you. A big ass slot port is where I would lean if it were my truck. On the driver side with all the subs in a common chamber.

since i plan on using my current trim pannel for the front of the box i wouldnt be able to do a port on the side. does having it in the center create any problems?

if everyone on here has to say they know everything about making a box... PLEASE by all means make a post, explain EVERYTHING there is to know about building your own box, instead of calling everyone a dumbass. i can tell everyone i know everything about a box, but until i prove the facts... then im just bsin.

I think both have good points people can read and hopefully start an intelligent debate

Maybe I went about it in the wrong way, but I was just trying to say that I've learned infinitely more by building than I ever have fiddling with software.

The test equip I have at my disposal helps too though. I can see actual tuning, actual in-car FR, actual impedance plots, etc. It's laughable how bad some of the BS is that software spits out.

+6db at 35hz with an F3 of 28? ORLY? And I only need to build a 7 cube box for a 12? You got it, software!!

Lol. Ok. I'll shut up now.

I am going to just say my .02 and leave on that because of off topic. I have started out with the design programs and of course of how just putting in numbers into Torres has been a large appeal to me in designing boxes. But I do know that there is a large number of factors that goes into building a box and the frequency response after putting it in your vehicle. But I like to look at the programs, mainly Torres, as a tool to help get you into the hobby. I would love to be able to understand the equation and hopefully one day I will be able to. But for now I am trying to learn as much about enclosures as I can without overloading myself with too much information at one time.

As for designing boxes on sketch up is to just making as many as you can. Look around the forum for people asking for one and design one as best as you can. But don't post it. Wait for someone else to post one and compare yours to theirs and see what they did that you need to. Also ask a question or start googling when you need to. Sitting there all by yourself getting frustrated isn't going to help.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You have to scrap it. Trust me. Trying to save any piece of it is attempting to hold on to the fail you're plagued with now. Just because a wall gets done properly in there doesn't mean it can't be as pretty. Its ok to have your cake and eat it too.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived