(On Hold)Looking for Blown Subs! Need motors! Any brand!!!

Purplehaze

Wait does it matter about the size cause jts a 12

????

Kicker used different motors for the Solo X 12's than the Solo X 18's.

The SX 10's and 12's had the same motor, which used a 3" coil, and is smaller overall.

The SX 18's were the only ones to get the big motor, which uses a 3.5" coil, is quite a bit larger, and stronger.

The Solo X 18 motor is one of the top few ferrite motors ever made, as far as motor force is concerned.

The problem was/ is the coil, which I may have found a solution for.

So anyway, looks like it is becoming more and more difficult to find these.

So unless something turns up, looks like I'll be making the trip to northern Illinois here soon to visit cc...

Bump for the last min find...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Literally saw this on FB and am leaving for work right now so no time to read thread right now, but I remember seeing something about somebody needing Solo X 18 and just did a forum search for this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603695569655210&set=gm.519002724820808&type=1&theater

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Literally saw this on FB and am leaving for work right now so no time to read thread right now, but I remember seeing something about somebody needing Solo X 18 and just did a forum search for this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603695569655210&set=gm.519002724820808&type=1&theater

Okay thanks man. I appreciate it!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Thanks man. But I'm pretty sure I have all I need now. I am getting the two from cc_audio as soon as I make it up to N. Illinois.

But thank you very much for thinkin of me!

Also, I noticed that someone on there was questioning my car being able to take the weight. Well, that's true, and that's why it's getting a full air ride suspension (eventually), for now I have new springs, helper bags for the rear, as well as hand made sub frame connectors, a new full bushing kit, new steering rack, and everything else you can think of (ball joints, tie-rod ends, bearings, etc.). Plus, the car wont be driven much, it will forever be a "Trailer King", just driving it locally, and around the shows. I now have another PT for daily driving, and an Explorer that I need to put back together, that will end up as my daily ride.

So next time someone says that, just let them know that I am aware of the problems, and I am on it!

But my Cruiser will have 4 Solo X 15's, believe that! On two 5.0K's, with 9 total batts, two alts, and all the rest of the interior stuff I have goin' on.

Eventually, we will start making it to shows, and then everyone can see for themselves! Probably be a while though... this stuff takes so much time!

One more thing. I changed the title to this thread, I am now looking to buy all motors of all types. I'm going to try to make something out of this. A full explanation can be found in the first post of this thread.

But basically, I'm attempting to start my own business, similar to PSi, only a little different. I would be calling it V.2 Audio, or V.2 Subwoofers. I will build subs using proven motors, and sell them at prices equal to or lower than the original. Main difference being that mine will be customized, built for looks and performance.

I truly believe this is my destiny... only one way to find out! So be on the lookout, V.2 Audio will one day make a name for itself!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived