Well spent nearly 5-6 hours sanding bondo on the dash and and bearly made a difference. Well it did but still needs a glaze coat and then have to go back and sand the whole dash to get rid of the factory paint wich I just recently noticed is peeling. Not exactly sure how to paint it yet, dont have much experience in painting plastic panels but I have a few Ideas, I am welcome to others ideas as well! Sorry no pics, did work on this thing but didn't feel they were worth posting. When I get it to the point it's ready to paint I'll put some in this spot.

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Anyone guess what todays project is?

2013-06-08_13-36-40_322_zpsb24b5442.jpg

Here is a hint, one full roll of tape later lol!

2013-06-08_14-40-09_21_zps85139d44.jpg

Well brake is over, now to tape off the other side so I can do some real work!

Figured I'd just add to this post

Another hour later and both sides are done!

2013-06-08_16-05-52_730_zps68863584.jpg

Here is another hint....

2013-06-08_16-07-13_386_zps8f552c26.jpg

Well that was a pain but its done with, got them into the cab this is what I was thinking about for the fuses for this side

2013-06-06_20-38-21_15_zps35f4eea9.jpg

Thats all I got done for tonight,although it did take nearly three hours by my slelf. Tomorrow Ill solder some terminals on and see what else I can get done!

I like they way you ran this, gives me some ideas for when I get to that point

/\ /\ /\ Yeah works pretty good for me, just keep in mind that there is two pieces of metal you will have to cut though, that wire actually passes though two grommets before it is actually in the cab(not including my mdf trim panel) so it does make it a little difficult. Which is why I just cut two big holes and covered them each with plastic. Just made feeding the wire alot easier!

well another one of those days where you work all day and get little done but did a little more work on the dash and started working on the rear pillars where the last set of 5.25's will go. I decided to try and make my own panels insted of modifying the originals, there would be very little I would be keeping anyway. I just wanted to gain some experience and see if I can do it so, as you can see above I taped off everything and then went to town on some kitty hair(bondo glass).

2013-06-08_21-03-31_998_zps1d678a64.jpg

I got some more done on the otherside but it was taking along time to get fully hardened so I couldnt build it up as much as I wanted to today. But the plan is to get a good base of kittty hair so I can pull it out as a solid peice, knock down most of the high spots then cover it with flece and soak it in resin, then bodyfiller and smooth it out.

Had to call it a night because my head is killing me, it was a nasty dust bowl outside all day today and I had to keep the garage closed or it would have ruined alot of stuff so I got to enjoy the fumes from all the bondo all day!

also pulled the t2500 back out just incase.....man this things is b e a utiful!!

2013-06-08_16-06-19_72_zpsbf3b9030.jpg

What a nice ass build! I love that amp rack you made! Clean clean build, great work! :)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

This is slc123..sorry guys just checking something, will explain later...nope didn't work...originally I tried making a gold member account and wanted to have this be my name. slc123 I thought would just be what I use to sign in and goodvibez would be what people see when I post..fml didn't work made a mistake but I did pay the gold membership fee..I felt it was worth the donation because this site is the mf best car audio forum ever! If this works don't be suprized if any future post's are from this user name...lame that I have to start as a forum noob and it will say my join date is more recent but oh well. I'm going to have to figure out why I'm not a "gold member" yet...yeah baby! Yeah! lol! Need to figure this out asap so I don't keep paying the yearly member fee and don't get the actual perks for being one...fltoa(for the love of audio) right lol!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

/\ /\ /\ Yup dont worrie ill figure it out...so doin some work on the truck rear pillars it's a very slow and time consuming process but i'm experimenting so that makes it take waaaaay longer but got all the mud stuck on there and pulled it out and put a layer of resin on there.

2013-06-10_21-37-18_401_zpsd530c81d.jpg

2013-06-10_21-37-48_414_zpsc629f563.jpg

I know super super ugly but tomorrow im going to trim it down with a cut off wheel and put a layer of fleece on it. Maybe some sanding inbetween but I'll figure it out manana, honestly not too sure about this but I'm willing to try it out!:D

Nice start. .ill b watching your progress. .keep up the good work

Thanks:D been watching your's/pstone's/torrie's progress as well....maybe if I bring my tortoise out to the garage I'll get this thing done a little faster lol! Can't wait to see the stormtrooper blastin some db's

Archived