Cool man I hope it works out for you, I'm big on bed liner I love the stuff! I just think it doesn't like to be rubbing on leather so much lol! It hasnt ever felt gooie or anything like it wasnt dried but this box is tight fit between my seats and like I said before It gets well over 100+ in my truck!

Are you rolling it or using a texture gun? Feel free to PM me with any ?'s

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

rolling it is easier and should be less prepwork, taping off. I always spray that stuff if I can, kinda fun and once you set it all up its really fast. If you do spray it hit me up there's a few tips that make a difference.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Man these things were loud! both of these were off of one RF t1500.1, they can handle that each! I think I'm just going to run them off of an RF t2500.1bdcp. I do have 2 t1500.1's I could run on to each but eventually I will be going to bigger subs and with be getting another or possibly 2 more 2500's so we will see.

So Decided to keep these for a while but build a better and much much louder designed box for them here is that build...After looking I didnt find a whole lot of me cutting and gluing and screwing but you get the idea!

2013-01-13_16-18-03_499_zps872bdd57.jpg

had to test fit, because the secondlayer of baffle didnt fit flush I had to angle the very end where it slides under the bump in the rear truck panel

2013-03-28_13-08-24_820_zpsbd948b42.jpg

Fit good! So, glued and screwed! Decided last minute to countersink the subs and I am glad I did it looks way better! BTW those rca's and other wire was taped up for test fit the length for my rf360.3. That's not how they will be secured lol!

2013-04-13_17-57-27_771_zpsad492f03.jpg

I used a roundover bit on all the edges because it looks better and because this will be next to alot of elbows. Also this is getting bedlined so I used body filler on all the visible seams because when I spay this stuff it doesn't cover up box joints no matter how flush they are. So I had to get it silky smooth before I could make it rough! Also filled all screw holes.

2013-04-13_17-57-54_58_zps10fe132e.jpg

2013-04-24_14-52-28_264_zps7299d161.jpg

2013-04-24_14-52-41_712_zpsdfee9709.jpg

Forgot to mention! This enclosure has fibergass resin pooled up at a 45degrees in EVERY JOINT!! This took a couple days to do because you have to wait between every one of thosethings...I forgot to take pics of this but here you can see I even did the port! The backside of that was a bitch! Port was also rounded over and smoothed

2013-04-24_14-53-27_304_zps377793a4.jpg

Finally ready for somebed liner!! I waited soooo long for this!!

2013-04-24_16-44-13_890_zpse50880b5.jpg

do you use wood filler on the outside or is that fiberglass filler or something?

Strait up bondo my man, i have used wood filler and it works good as well. I had to fill in the gaps between the baffels because no matter how flush they are bed liner will show where the two pieces meet unless you fill that in.

Very nice build, mine pales in comparison, I've done what I can on a budget, but I'll get a good looking setup after college someday.

I have a post of the build, too, if you want to check it out.

Have you considered a single SMD 15" woofer?

It's incredible, it will work in a 4 cube box, which is one of the smallest boxes ever for a monster sub like that. I know I want one!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Very nice build, mine pales in comparison, I've done what I can on a budget, but I'll get a good looking setup after college someday.

It's incredible, it will work in a 4 cube box, which is one of the smallest boxes ever for a monster sub like that. I know I want one!

they are hard as hell to get right now

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Thanks man! Don't worrie about your set up for now I got into audio when I first bought this truck 4 years ago and it's really been baby steps one thing at a time, I've had many different setups to build up to this point and I'm still not done haha! Might never stop changing this truck!

Yeah I definatly want to go to something bigger like 15's or 18's but would have to take out the back seats(which will happen some day :) ) I'm at 12.5"s wide on the console box I'm building so 12 is the biggest I can go and I'm at about 5 cubes so I think the 4 10's idea is my best bet because I can't get 3 12's ported.

Also yes I would LOVE to be the owner of some SMD subs but as Tecomah said they are very hard to come by!

Archived