The voltage on the ones in the amps read different and the ones in the dash read different than where they are connected..Like I used the smd amm and put leads directly at the ends where the positive and negative are located it its just random voltage numbers but I have been talking to Tony through fb and since I'm only like 2 hours away he said I could come by sometime and we will figure it out...you(Steve) and Tony have both mentioned it is possible they were ones from a bad batch that came with a wrong diode and I understand, plus it would be cool to stop by D'Amore Engineering and have a look around :) Meet the man hiself...maybe get the amps signed or something haha!

rockford has replaced my 360.3 for about $260 and it was fast sent it in friday and its back already...Cant complain with their Customer service.although I am selling it because I decided to get some dc audio 90.4's and run active though through the built in xovers...I'm making some even cooler amp covers for those guys :)

I appologize for the rant earlier, every problem I have had with equipment everyone has been nice about it and I dont want to come off as hating or bad mouthing anyone sorry if I did....Waiting 9 months to aquire gear and build this system any setback can get to ya...Over all shit happens, I'll still be buying products in the future from them all :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Very nice work with the seats

I love seeing some people get loud and maintain functionality

thanks man :) i'm trying lol

Holy shiet!!!! :D Those seats fit RIGHT into place!!!

yeah officially out of room lol...need a bigger vehicle...bigger project!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

BULLSHIT!! Get out the Cabin stretcher and PUT IN WORK!!! You still have the roof!! Mount the amps to the roof on a big metal rack! Fiberglass the roof liner, and do some cool Goodvibez logo!! Lets not forget the bed! Bed cover and BLOWTHROUGH!!!! DO IT!! You're welcome!

LOL

As far as the 3sixty.3 I think it's funny that for every one that works "perfectly" there are two that don't (obviously not real numbers). But even with mine right out of the box, the knobs were glitchy, the updates wouldn't load on my laptop, and then at some point I couldn't get my laptop to mate with the unit. I had the volume knob on 1 lit up led on the 360 knob. That's what I used to adjust volume not the head unit knob. It was set at the highest unclipped volume per the DD1. On more than one occasion, I would do one volume notch or click to slowly rise the volume (I'm not a jerk it up there type of guy), and the thing would blast all the way up. I had to turn my car off in order to make it stop.

On a DAILY basis, I could turn it up to a point, and then after being there for a few minutes, I couldn't get it to turn up or down and the same thing with the sub side of the knob. I'd roll up to a cop and want to turn the whole thing down, and it wouldn't do it. I had to turn the system off at the head unit. None of that was bueno in my book!

After getting it all hooked up and up and running for Autorama, I played it all day long, then went to leave and it was making some crazy hissing sound and high engine noise all of a sudden. Turned it off and it wouldn't turn off. I had to unplug the wire harness to make it turn off and then it caused a horrible pop in my subs. Went through the entire set up, unhooked it, pulled the harness, and then went all the way down to the original 360 wire on the harness and put new wire on, thinking maybe there was a kink or short in the wires. It didn't work at first, same deal, and then I reset the unit, and it worked, telling me it was an internal problem. Got it working again, used it for about 2 months, and the glitchy knob pissed me off daily so I said EFF it and sold it.

I like fosgate, I've always liked them, but this unit seems like it was not a great product like they thought it was going to be. Price point is decent, but the knob is horrible in my opinion and the whole thing seems like it was destined to fail. I think they could make it a better product, but I won't ever get another one. I'll invest in something else. Bit one or something like that. That all being said, I still think Fosgate is a great company.

Ok sorry to derail, back on track. Wish I had the money I might buy those 400.4's off you.

BULLSHIT!! Get out the Cabin stretcher and PUT IN WORK!!! You still have the roof!! Mount the amps to the roof on a big metal rack! Fiberglass the roof liner, and do some cool Goodvibez logo!! Lets not forget the bed! Bed cover and BLOWTHROUGH!!!! DO IT!! You're welcome!

LOL

As far as the 3sixty.3 I think it's funny that for every one that works "perfectly" there are two that don't (obviously not real numbers). But even with mine right out of the box, the knobs were glitchy, the updates wouldn't load on my laptop, and then at some point I couldn't get my laptop to mate with the unit. I had the volume knob on 1 lit up led on the 360 knob. That's what I used to adjust volume not the head unit knob. It was set at the highest unclipped volume per the DD1. On more than one occasion, I would do one volume notch or click to slowly rise the volume (I'm not a jerk it up there type of guy), and the thing would blast all the way up. I had to turn my car off in order to make it stop.

On a DAILY basis, I could turn it up to a point, and then after being there for a few minutes, I couldn't get it to turn up or down and the same thing with the sub side of the knob. I'd roll up to a cop and want to turn the whole thing down, and it wouldn't do it. I had to turn the system off at the head unit. None of that was bueno in my book!

After getting it all hooked up and up and running for Autorama, I played it all day long, then went to leave and it was making some crazy hissing sound and high engine noise all of a sudden. Turned it off and it wouldn't turn off. I had to unplug the wire harness to make it turn off and then it caused a horrible pop in my subs. Went through the entire set up, unhooked it, pulled the harness, and then went all the way down to the original 360 wire on the harness and put new wire on, thinking maybe there was a kink or short in the wires. It didn't work at first, same deal, and then I reset the unit, and it worked, telling me it was an internal problem. Got it working again, used it for about 2 months, and the glitchy knob pissed me off daily so I said EFF it and sold it.

I like fosgate, I've always liked them, but this unit seems like it was not a great product like they thought it was going to be. Price point is decent, but the knob is horrible in my opinion and the whole thing seems like it was destined to fail. I think they could make it a better product, but I won't ever get another one. I'll invest in something else. Bit one or something like that. That all being said, I still think Fosgate is a great company.

Ok sorry to derail, back on track. Wish I had the money I might buy those 400.4's off you.

Haha I have a whole new project in mind and this set will sufice for the time being...Let's just say either this truck or the "other project will be able to haul eachother around to shows and I will have two show vehicles :)

As for the 360.3 yeah started out great and went down hill from there on thing after another but the new unit is for sale on ebay and already sold both t400-4's sorry I had to get as much out of them as possible so thats why I wasnt advertising them here because I would want to give smd members a deal and cant afford deals right now but I listed the 600-4 up as well with the custom airbrushing from RF themselves..should sell quick who knows. Also selling my RF T1D210 !0 inch sub on there anyone interested in it its brand new and can give you a link to ebay.

might be selling other stuff but not sure yet...have to start selling things for the next project that I'm not using

but I can pretty much agree with what you've said about the 360...great ideas just hasn't worked great for everyone..I know several it has worked for but I know more it hasnt worked for...sooooo to each his own... Love theier amps and speakers never regreted buying them...right now is the time to sell Fosgate stuff since they raised thier prices on EVERYTHING so I can get retty much what I paid or more for them since most of my stuff is new :)

I'm super excited to get to work on those DC 90.4's though...got some cool ideas for them :)

The voltage on the ones in the amps read different and the ones in the dash read different than where they are connected..Like I used the smd amm and put leads directly at the ends where the positive and negative are located it its just random voltage numbers but I have been talking to Tony through fb and since I'm only like 2 hours away he said I could come by sometime and we will figure it out...you(Steve) and Tony have both mentioned it is possible they were ones from a bad batch that came with a wrong diode and I understand, plus it would be cool to stop by D'Amore Engineering and have a look around :) Meet the man hiself...maybe get the amps signed or something haha!

rockford has replaced my 360.3 for about $260 and it was fast sent it in friday and its back already...Cant complain with their Customer service.although I am selling it because I decided to get some dc audio 90.4's and run active though through the built in xovers...I'm making some even cooler amp covers for those guys :)

I appologize for the rant earlier, every problem I have had with equipment everyone has been nice about it and I dont want to come off as hating or bad mouthing anyone sorry if I did....Waiting 9 months to aquire gear and build this system any setback can get to ya...Over all shit happens, I'll still be buying products in the future from them all :)

There is such thing as a cooler amp cover?

Good shit man! As soon as I get home this winter I am gonna start working on my dash after checking out have you have done part of yours!

Thanks man and yeah I hope they are as cool as the others :)

That dash was a BITCH lol the first go around and the second haha. But it really made a huge difference in sound quality inside the cab. The doors are only loud when they are open...I mostly hear the kicks and dash speakers when I have them closed. I think on my next project I would try to fit two sets of components in the dash. ..we will see....thinking about repainting the dash and eliminating the dark charcoal color compelling from my truck. .. too many colors going on.

Yeah I have an obs Yukon, so I am not exactly sure on how I want to do the components in my dash. I am gonna try a few options before anything permanent. Do you like the ways that yours sound firing straight up at the windshield?

I am really conflicted on colors in mine now too. I really want to do a nice dark blue and black with an entirely splatter painted interior and paint the vehicle blue later on. So many people are doing the splatter paint thing now though and it is kind of overplayed. My other option is just a blue and black all vinyl interior, but I am also really leaning towards all of my panels getting hydro dipped in a new camo pattern that I am looking at and doing the rest of the interior in black and camo.

Yeah the music coming off of the dash sounds great!! any vehicle the has the speakers mounted this way from factory I have always felt had better sound which is why I did mine that way. Sounds like your like the rest of us and have lots of ideas but cant choose which one to do haha!

Good luck man! It's not easy! But im sure you'll figure it out. If you need help just pm me :)

alright I have most of my gear sold :) so far both of my rf 400.4's are gone along with my 360.3 and my rf 10farad capacitor I had just sitting around brand new. So I should have the dc 90.4's ordered by the end of the month...kinda nice for me rf raised all thier prices I haven't lost much money at all and in some cases I made some money :)

also sold my rf 1000-4ad I had bnib laying around but dipshit on ebay hasn't paid me in almost a week so probably putting it back on for sale

anywho I got some goodies in for the 90.4's some plexi came in and led's are ordered

20140912_104932_zpsyifguyrj.jpg

Also got started on the covers...this is some really cool plexi I havent seen anyone else use so it should be different than what others have done :)

20140916_180722_zpskejhg5h0.jpg

Hope I measure it all right lol...but I have more done just dont want to give it all away just yet!

Archived