Airspace for mids?

Sergeant_Skyrim

I used Install Bay's speaker baffles for my 6.5 components, they basically made the door pods into small sealed enclosures. I was able to run a little more than RMS to mine but more importantly it increased the sound quality in the mid bass range. Have a go at some baffles, they are relatively cheap and work well in my experience.

Well I'm currently unable to do any work on the doors so I'll just be putting them at the top of the wall when I wall off the car in a couple weeks.

.5-.75 is a safe range to start at, be sure to stuff the pod with polyfill or some sort of acoustic foam to kill standing waves and resonances inside the enclosure. This will be much more noticeable in a mid range speaker than a sealed sub driver

Didn't even know to consider that, are polyfill or acoustic foam going to be easy to find like at a Home Depot or something? Or is it one of those order online sort of things?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

This go-around in My 49 Ford ...

I will be installing my 5.25" midrange / Midbass drivers into ported and tuned enclosures integrated into the dash (tuned somewhere around 32 to 40 htz) ...

I will also be installing my 8" midbass / sub bass drivers into ported and tuned enclosures integrated into the Kick Pannels (tuned somewhere around 24 to 28 htz) ...

Not sure of what the enclosure dimenitons will be as of yet, but we are working on it ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I used Install Bay's speaker baffles for my 6.5 components, they basically made the door pods into small sealed enclosures. I was able to run a little more than RMS to mine but more importantly it increased the sound quality in the mid bass range. Have a go at some baffles, they are relatively cheap and work well in my experience.

Well I'm currently unable to do any work on the doors so I'll just be putting them at the top of the wall when I wall off the car in a couple weeks.

.5-.75 is a safe range to start at, be sure to stuff the pod with polyfill or some sort of acoustic foam to kill standing waves and resonances inside the enclosure. This will be much more noticeable in a mid range speaker than a sealed sub driver

Didn't even know to consider that, are polyfill or acoustic foam going to be easy to find like at a Home Depot or something? Or is it one of those order online sort of things?

A fabric or craft store will likely have what you are looking for. Its not a specialty thing, anything that will absorb and diffuse the rear wave will work well.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived