Amart88 Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 What would you use to seal MDF from mosture/water? I want to coat the outside of my wall with something so that if for some reason a window or a floor grommet leaked it would not turn to shit and fall apart. Any thoughts or proven methods? I've read so many different things it's unbelievable. Thanks My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Amart88 Posted May 30, 2013 Author Report Posted May 30, 2013 So just straight resin and mekp? Do I need to rough sand the mdf first? My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Krakin Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 I remember seeing somewhere that people would use polypropylene resin to weather proof their boxes. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
KillaCam Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 Primer then bedliner. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
Amart88 Posted May 30, 2013 Author Report Posted May 30, 2013 Would primer and a few coats of Oil based rust paint be any good? I read that Polyester resin is not a good moiture barrier unless I use epoxy reisin which is way too expensive. Ester resin is alot of work also Diluting it with acetone. EDIT: Also read good things on Polyurethane. Don;t have any experience using it though. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Krakin Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 Get it and test it an an extra board. Then post up the results! I don't recall any recent builds having it. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Chris Hammer Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 Resin. Brush it on, let it dry. All done. I use UV cure resin like steves SunFlash, makes it easy with no mixing. It soaks into the mdf and you can sand a little for a smooth surface to paint if you want. Resin gets my vote. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Chris Hammer Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 So just straight resin and mekp? Do I need to rough sand the mdf first? Skip the MEKP resin, get some sunflash http://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-install-tools-electronics/smd-sunflash-resin/smd-sunflash-uv-activated-resin-1-us-quart.html Easy peazy MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.